• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARA Is Coming To Reaper

Share/Bookmark

ARA Is Coming To Reaper

Hello Everyone,

Just announced in the Reaper forums, ARA integration is coming to Reaper.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297

This is a major development for Reaper which has been my DAW for the past few months or so. I moved to Reaper from Sonar a good while before the announcement that Sonar would cease development.

Following the Cakewalk announcement, many Sonar users cited the lack of ARA in Reaper as a reason for not trying it, particularly as Soanar had ARA which would integrate Melodyne. Personally I found Reaper to be astounding and I just used my full standalone of Melodyne.

This new development by Reaper came as a surprise; excellent.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: ARA Is Coming To Reaper

What the hell ARA is?
    Beside being a type of parrot, I mean.

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    What the hell ARA is?
    Beside being a type of parrot, I mean.

Hello Fabio,

ARA = Audio Random Access It's like an extension to the program which means we won't have to edit an audio file in Melodyne first, save it, then open Reaper, open a project then import the Melodyne edited file into a track .. then if it's still not right, go back into Melodyne and repeat the whole process again until we have what we want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Audio_Random_Access

With ARA support, everything can be done directly in Reaper. Sonar added ARA not so long ago and many users have said that their new DAW must have ARA and automatically ruled out Reaper .. but not any more.

Here's a screenshot from Sonar with Melodyne directly available thanks to Sonar's ARA facility.

Michael

A Reaper user myself, ARA benefits other than Melodyne?
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    A Reaper user myself, ARA benefits other than Melodyne?
    Hello Fabio,

ARA is a comparitively new development and more and more VST2/3 plugins will work with it over time. Vocalign is another plugin already on board and more and more DAWS will enable ARA.

It really is to Reapers credit that ARA is on its way now .. even the mighty Cubase doesn't support it yet.
    Michael

Question Re: ARA Is Coming To Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Fabio,

ARA is a comparitively new development and more and more VST2/3 plugins will work with it over time. Vocalign is another plugin already on board and more and more DAWS will enable ARA.

It really is to Reapers credit that ARA is on its way now .. even the mighty Cubase doesn't support it yet.
    To be honest I don't know anything about Cubase and ARA, but Melodyne was perfectly integrated into Cubase (via VST plugin) for years. I tested it several years ago and it was working amazingly well.

Anyway I'm very glad that a product fair and powerful like Reaper gets continuously updated! Great attitude.

Go Back to forum