• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Prelude In D"

Share/Bookmark

"Prelude In D"

Y'all,

Here is a short excerpt from my "Prelude In D" for harpsichord and small chamber orchestra.

Regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Prelude In D"

Hi Larry,

In one word: your entire life has been one big prelude to your next piece. Where is that hidden source from which spring all the fantastic ideas? This is only an excerpt? Can't wait to hear the rest!

Hope we hear soon from you!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

I found an explanation for how Larry is composing. The spirit and inexhaustible source of ideas of Larry is a direct result of the Bach family's ghosts lurking around his place, and pouring their ideas into his brain, ideas which they did not have time to write. Of course our Friend Larry can not avoid (Thanks to God) to install his own hand-print on these jewels, so we have so much pleasure to listen to his work, fresh, classy, forever inventing.
    Sorry Larry to reveal this to the Forum, but Jos needed some explanation..(Ha-Ha.)

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I found an explanation for how Larry is composing. The spirit and inexhaustible source of ideas of Larry is a direct result of the Bach family's ghosts lurking around his place, and pouring their ideas into his brain, ideas which they did not have time to write. Of course our Friend Larry can not avoid (Thanks to God) to install his own hand-print on these jewels, so we have so much pleasure to listen to his work, fresh, classy, forever inventing.
    Sorry Larry to reveal this to the Forum, but Jos needed some explanation..(Ha-Ha.)
    No, I wouldn't want to blame my so-called music on anyone, especially the Bach boys.

Thanks, Mister Ted, for your kind words. I appreciate you.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

In one word: your entire life has been one big prelude to your next piece. Where is that hidden source from which spring all the fantastic ideas? This is only an excerpt? Can't wit to hear the rest!

Hope we hear soon from you!
    Jos
    I started composing around the age of eight and I am now eighty-three. Themes and melodies and such started coming to me from the beginning. They still pass through my mind but I am not writing new material any longer. It was time for an old dude to "retire" from creating music.

Thanks for your message.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    It was time for an old dude to "retire" from creating music.
    For once, Larry, I hope that you are a liar...
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Larry! You are far more talented and knowledgeable than me, so I will obey your rule, and from here on I will never try to compose anything, I am way to old according to you. So, good by Forum and friends...
    Just kidding, your mind is fresh, your composition skills are there in full force, so PLEASE, go ahead and compose away, we will enjoy it and (admit it) so will you,
    Ted

Thumbs up Re: "Prelude In D"

Sounds happy like a Christmas carol !! Well perfect time to publish it!

Thanks, my forever-young old friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    For once, Larry, I hope that you are a liar...
    Jos
    My tongue is not forked. I speak the truth.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Sounds happy like a Christmas carol !! Well perfect time to publish it!

Thanks, my forever-young old friend!
    ...and my thanks to you my fine Italiano friend.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast