• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lonesome Snail Creek

Share/Bookmark

Lonesome Snail Creek

5 1/2 minutes of piano music reminiscent of the forties, when I was first learning the piano. The score is finished but will not be posted until cantankerous old me is in the right mood. The name signifies nothing, but it sounded like a title too good to waste, so that's what it is called

Richard

Lonesome Snail Creek

Re: Lonesome Snail Creek

Hi Richard,
    it is certainly nice to listen to different styles of music as this refreshing tune is for me. It reminds me of my childhood when my mother occasionally played jazzy tunes for us and I sort of started to understand the harmonic and musical basis of this genre. The monotonic rhythm as represented by the left hand in this case is part of the musical idea as it puts the listener in a certain mood where time vanishes and the good feel flourish.
    Thank you for this very peaceful music.

Kjell

Hi Richard,

Quite nice and relaxed music with a subtle touch of jazz. Good to start the day with!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Thanks, Kjell and Jos. I guess I have suceeded in my goal of calming music, which is not my usual goal. The bass is mostly a series of 10ths and octaves, punctuated by an occasional chord, and a short motif derived from the intro. It is repeated a few times, in various keys, sort of an extended ostinato I am fond of 10ths in the bass, but they are difficult for small hand(mine).

Next up is another light jazzy piece for piano, but not quite so tranquil.It was swirling around in my head while writing this piece, and kept me from falling asleep more than a few times So it seems time to hop to it and write it out.

Richard

Go Back to forum