• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Conforming Soul - piano quartet

Share/Bookmark

The Conforming Soul - piano quartet

I got some suggestions from Jos how to develop Fantasia. So I sat down and tried to do it but as usual the result didn't become as expected. New ideas arose instead with a new setting and finally it appeared as a piano quartet instead. Hope you like:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...-piano-quartet

Greetings,
    Kjell

PS Also in csharpminor as previous post by Darwinkopp

Re: The Conforming Soul - piano quartet

Very nice, the lost soul also appears sad to me.. Although it is great to be able to write with purpose and a distinct goal (especially if you want/need to make a living from it). I quite enjoy creating and listening to music, that discovers it's purpose and direction in the process of creation.

The creative flow, sometimes has it's own agenda, different from what the composer may have originally had.. Some of the greatest music has flowed out of the hands and minds of composers, who tried 'not to get in the way' of where the music it seems wanted to go by itself.

Quite a lovely piece.

Yes, a quite somber piece of music for the listener but not without redemption by it’s beauty. Life isn’t all happiness and music should also express these feelings while also hopefully holding out a glimmer of hope.

It was a nice listen to music inspired by ones inner feelings.

Phil

Very nice indeed. Enjoyed it twice so far. Some parts of it, especially when the piano and solo violin is playing I wished to hear more of the violin's lovely part (around 1-1.50). I love your cello, what are you using?

Dear Kjell,

This is so beautiful and well thought through. The sound is absolutely fantastic and just enough for the intimate kind of music. I love the violin and the cello. Very nice sounding instruments! You let them play at their best in meaningful phrases with lots of expression. The theme you give the piece seems so somber, but in my opinion the music isn't at all. It is soft, subtle and suggestive which means that all listeners will find their interpretation, going from dark and somber to agreeably dreamy and esoteric.

Wonderful job Kjell!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Very nice, the lost soul also appears sad to me.. Although it is great to be able to write with purpose and a distinct goal (especially if you want/need to make a living from it). I quite enjoy creating and listening to music, that discovers it's purpose and direction in the process of creation.

The creative flow, sometimes has it's own agenda, different from what the composer may have originally had.. Some of the greatest music has flowed out of the hands and minds of composers, who tried 'not to get in the way' of where the music it seems wanted to go by itself.

Quite a lovely piece.
    Thank you. Very interesting and thoughtful points in your text.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Yes, a quite somber piece of music for the listener but not without redemption by it’s beauty. Life isn’t all happiness and music should also express these feelings while also hopefully holding out a glimmer of hope.

It was a nice listen to music inspired by ones inner feelings.

Phil
    Nice to hear that, Phil. Reminds me of my mother's reaction to my music during childhood which she always felt as sad. Later I understood it was a good remark.

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Very nice indeed. Enjoyed it twice so far. Some parts of it, especially when the piano and solo violin is playing I wished to hear more of the violin's lovely part (around 1-1.50). I love your cello, what are you using?
    Yes, I also discovered afterwards that the part with violin and piano alone give a nice sound. Actually I then tried to convert the piece to a piano/violin duet but it didn't work.
    All is Finale plus GPO. I am grateful to Mr Garritan for having developed this sound lib to a low price.
    Thank you, Ted.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Dear Kjell,

This is so beautiful and well thought through. The sound is absolutely fantastic and just enough for the intimate kind of music. I love the violin and the cello. Very nice sounding instruments! You let them play at their best in meaningful phrases with lots of expression. The theme you give the piece seems so somber, but in my opinion the music isn't at all. It is soft, subtle and suggestive which means that all listeners will find their interpretation, going from dark and somber to agreeably dreamy and esoteric.

Wonderful job Kjell!
    Jos
    Thank you, Jos, for this lovely comment. Actually all themes are taken from the orchestral Fantasia that I posted previously. It is interesting that this new instrumentation seems to give a different mood. Maybe it is that with solo instruments one comes closer to the music.

Kjell

Go Back to forum