• Register
  • Help

Topic: crackling noises using Sonar 2.2 and Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

crackling noises using Sonar 2.2 and Gigastudio

Hi,

I use Sonar 2.2 XL and Gstudio with my Terratec 6-fire in multiclient mode.
    When I play my instruments on the gigastudiomidi-channels in Sonar,I sometimes get all sorts of cracklingnoises. When I turn of the audioengine in Sonar and restart it the crackling noise is gone, but when I trie to play or record in Sonar it returns. This happens not alle the time but in many occasions. Can somebody help me with this?

Re: crackling noises using Sonar 2.2 and Gigastudio

In Sonar, are you using WDM? Did you run the Hardware profiler? Run that thing under tools.

Does your card come with a utility to set buffer sizes? Maybe you have set too low. Try increasing it to the next step.

Lastly, what is the speed of your CPU. I\'ve used 2.2 and Gstudio on the same PC but A LOT depends on the quality of your sound card drivers. So it should work, not unless your soundcard isn\'t up to it.

Have you tried applying the latest driver patches for your sound card?

Originally posted by Owel:
    In Sonar, are you using WDM? Did you run the Hardware profiler? Run that thing under tools.

Does your card come with a utility to set buffer sizes? Maybe you have set too low. Try increasing it to the next step.

Lastly, what is the speed of your CPU. I\'ve used 2.2 and Gstudio on the same PC but A LOT depends on the quality of your sound card drivers. So it should work, not unless your soundcard isn\'t up to it.

Have you tried applying the latest driver patches for your sound card?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m not using WDM but Asio and GSIF because I want to record wav-files simultaniously while using my instruments from Gstudio. My drivers are the latest I could find for my soundcard. My CPU is 550 Mhz. (Pentium III) I can set my buffersizes higher. Haven\'t tried that yet...hope that it will help...

I\'ve tried Sonar and Gstudio on an AMD 850Mhz. I\'m not sure if your 550Mhz may be too low. I was using a WamiRack 192L. What\'s your memory?

My memory is about 384 mb.
    I\'ve tried to set the buffersize higher, but the crackling noises became worse.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I would suggest maybe increasing your memory, and upgrading to a faster cpu if you have tried everything.

Are you on Win2000? If so, set optimization to Background tasks (instead of foreground).

Go Back to forum