• Register
  • Help

Topic: W.A. Mozart: Gavotte 4 (in F), Serenades KV 101

Share/Bookmark

W.A. Mozart: Gavotte 4 (in F), Serenades KV 101

Hi all,

Pure amusement, pleasure of listening, dancing, playing. This is one of the many, many dances Mozart left us. They say he was a diligent and skilled dancer. Maybe he found the existing dances boring and uninteresting and therefore he wrote an enormous a pile of new ones. Those among you who know me, won't be surprised that a sampled another one. And I guess nobody will blame me for that...

Gavotte 4 in F major

Have a good time with a little light Mozart !
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Re: W.A. Mozart: Gavotte 4 (in F), Serenades KV 101

Very well done.. perfect execution.. As a musician, unlike everyone else here I suppose, I did not care for classical music.
    I loved the beat and energy of rock'n'roll. Through the years, I've come to appreciate the intricacies, inter-weaving of melodic streams, harmony, counterpoint. I guess I have George Martin to thank for that.

I liked Mozart, because somehow, there seemed to be a lighter, less rigidness in his compositions. I think he altered the path of where music went.

You pay excellent homage to Mozart.

Max,

I enjoyed you arrangement of this Mozart dance piece.

If you can believe the Mozart that was depicted in the movie Amadeus maybe he composed dances for the ladies. More likely he just enjoyed composing them. They were the pop songs of his time I suppose.

Like angelonyc I liked the rebellious rock music better than classical music in my youth but in my particular case, like medicine, it may not have tasted that great but I knew it was good for me.

Phil

Thanks Phil and Angelonyc,

I guess Phil is right. These popular dances were perhaps the pop-music of the era. In between 'serious' and difficult works Mozart amused himself with these little things he probably wrote in one hour or less.

Striking feature: his dances never have a viola part. Once he wrote that too much harmony would distract from the dance. Most important were a recognisable melody and a good dancing bass line... (Rhythm and harmonic fundament).

Jos
    Jos Wylin

NIce, very nice. A must for the friday afternoon, for every worker/crafstman, celebrating the end of the week and welcoming the new weekend.

Raymond

Thank you Raymond. I'm glad I made your Friday afternoon (in fact, Mozart did). Ambience is Altiverb here, Mozartsaal.
    Jos Wylin

Go Back to forum