• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tom Petty’s Music Genome And His Legacy-Defining Traits

Share/Bookmark

Tom Petty’s Music Genome And His Legacy-Defining Traits

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Following Tom Petty's passing on Monday, numerous obituaries and remembrances have been released, often similarly describing his music as a 'soundtrack for the road." Here we look at some of the traits most common to Petty's music and which helped to make it so compelling. ___________________ Guest post by Glenn...

More...

Re: Tom Petty’s Music Genome And His Legacy-Defining Traits

While I wasn't a big fan of Tom Petty.. I certainly respected his work and long career.. I saw him in a different light, when he joined The Traveling Willberrys (spelling?)

Then yesterday, while surfing thru YouTube, some of his videos popped up.. After watching a few, it really hit me hard. His passing, and how much he contributed to the art of music.. Anyone who can remain relevant in music biz for over 40 years is brilliant.

What I always did admire about him, and others like Bruce Springsteen is they did music their way, and continued to be very successful.
    Tom Petty's music did open the door for plenty of other musicians, he carved out a spot, made it his own, and others followed in a similar path..

He is and will be missed.

Go Back to forum