• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "Serenade For Strings"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Serenade For Strings"

    Dudes and Dudettes,

    This is my all-strings ballad called "Serenade For Strings".

    The violas play a prominent part.

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

  2. #2
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    2,983

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    A nice one Larry!

    I like how you gave the spotlight more to the folks on the other side of the stage and it worked out well.





    Phil

  3. #3

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Good to hear from you, Mister Phil. Thanks very much.

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

  4. #4
    Senior Member tedvanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada,winter Mexico
    Posts
    978

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Very nice and unusual for you. Good sounding strings, what did you use?
    Thanks Larry

  5. #5

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Very nice and unusual for you. Good sounding strings, what did you use?
    Thanks Larry
    The strings are from the East/West Gold sample library.

    Many thanks for listening and commenting, Mister Ted.

    Pasa Buen Dia.

    Larry Alexander

  6. #6

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Hi Larry,

    If I were a young lady, I would certainly have liked such a serenade under my balcony at sunset... Lovely and indeed good strings. Quite soothing and pleasing to many ears.

    Well done!
    Max

  7. #7

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Very nice... Made me think of 'the old country', which I guess would be somewhere in Europe (in a previous lifetime).. Imparted a grand feeling, with nostalgia.

  8. #8

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Very nice... Made me think of 'the old country', which I guess would be somewhere in Europe (in a previous lifetime).. Imparted a grand feeling, with nostalgia.
    Thank you for the good words, Angelo, from The Big Apple. I appreciate your input.

    Regards,

    Larry G. Alexander

  9. #9

    Re: "Serenade For Strings"

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

    If I were a young lady, I would certainly have liked such a serenade under my balcony at sunset... Lovely and indeed good strings. Quite soothing and pleasing to many ears.

    Well done!
    Max
    I appreciate the compliments, Mister Max. Thanks, my friend.

    My apology for the late reply.

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •