• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running Waters (video version)

Share/Bookmark

Running Waters (video version)

Dear friends,

Here's another video version of an earlier composition. It was made in my 'pre-DAW-period'. Everything, including the mix, was made in Notion. I used a compilation of different libraries (Garritan, VSL SE, LSO, Kontakt...). The sonic quality and balance isn't always perfect, but it is still enjoyable.

Running Waters

Max (Jos Wylin)

Re: Running Waters (video version)

I loved this when you first posted it. It always remains my favored of yours, now with the video, even more.

Ted

Very enjoyable Max.

The pictures give your music an added dimension and thoughtfulness. The violently rushing rivers and then calm waters were especially emotive for me.

Phil

Yes, Max. It is very enjoyable.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Dear friends,

Here's another video version of an earlier composition. It was made in my 'pre-DAW-period'. Everything, including the mix, was made in Notion. I used a compilation of different libraries (Garritan, VSL SE, LSO, Kontakt...). The sonic quality and balance isn't always perfect, but it is still enjoyable.

Running Waters

Max (Jos Wylin)

Thanks Tom, Phil, Ted for having taken the time to listen (and view) again. I like the melody (Tece Voda Tece) a lot. To me, it's one of the most beautiful East European tunes in folk music. Simple and yet so expressive. I couldn't resist using this as a main theme for this watery composition...

Max

Very lovely.. It got very exciting, like a galloping horse at 2:00 minutes.. Loved the choir coming in.. Extremely well executed transitions to different segments, and bringing in different instruments..

The cello's and oboes.. all the instruments you bring in, are great.

Living in NYC, I thought I was going to go out and run around and be crazy today. But/AND your music has got me into a very relaxed, tranquil state.. where I think I might just go over and walk around the river, (less intense)..

Go Back to forum