• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pierlala Again... Tribute to a free mind

Share/Bookmark

Pierlala Again... Tribute to a free mind

Dear friends,

Not so long ago I posted "Pierlala Again...", a historic evocation of some troublesome periods in Belgian history. As the music is rather suggestive, it might be easier to have a clear image of what I tried to tell with some pictures and brief comments. Therefore I submit another version here with a visual aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7_Qm8JSiY&t=49s

I hope you enjoy it!
    Max

Re: Pierlala Again... Tribute to a free mind

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Dear friends,

Not so long ago I posted "Pierlala Again...", a historic evocation of some troublesome periods in Belgian history. As the music is rather suggestive, it might be easier to have a clear image of what I tried to tell with some pictures and brief comments. Therefore I submit another version here with a visual aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7_Qm8JSiY&t=49s

I hope you enjoy it!
    Max
    Absolutely marvelous! Intricate, moving, wonderfully balanced orchestration that pulls the listener deep into the historical visual narrative. There are orchestras that could make quite an impression performing this live under the visuals you have put together. And without a doubt the presentation as is would be a viewer favorite on PBS and other television networks.

Well done, Max. Well done.

Tom

Hi Max.
    Just noticed these new submissions of Hamburg Classics plus video.
    I'm back home now so I can rely on a wide, affordable broadband connection to enjoy it
    Starting from now…
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Excellent, Mister Max.

I thoroughly enjoyed your audio and visual presentation! I would love to be able to produce video as well as you do.

Thanks for sharing this fine work with us.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Great Art Work, Max. Music is excellent and so is the video and they for sure complete and enhance each other. And I agree with Tom about TV. It would be a perfect Saturday entertainment for everyone through broadcast.
    By the way, do you plan a video also for "The Last Post". I would look forward to that.
    Greetings,
    Kjell

Hi Kjell,

A video is coming for sure, but that is far less concrete and usable images of WW I are rare. In Ypres we have a museum of that dreadful war. Maybe I can find more striking pictures there. But now, I'm working on 4 projects (my septet "Reflections", my earlier accordion concerto and a passepied (traditional) and Gavotte (Mozart). Which one will be ready first? Unknown...

Max

Go Back to forum