• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Fool On The Hill

Share/Bookmark

The Fool On The Hill

Here is an interpretation of The Beatles - Fool On The Hill.. Melodically and harmonically, I remained pretty faithful to the original.. also added a bit, trying to remain faithful to what George Martin may have added. I put in a bit of George Harrison's patented "Leslie Guitar" guitar sound

I slowed the tempo down, so made some melodic changes, plus a few variations in melody to fit.

The flute section of original was changed, to accommodate the tempo, and avoid the feeling of repetition

The Fool On The Hill - https://app.box.com/s/l1v35im4ke3uz068625nbz5aliec4hfm

Score -https://app.box.com/s/holl0y1ze1sljkcuga6usqne2pqr5q6l

Re: The Fool On The Hill

Your arrangement sounds like quite a labor of love angelonyc. Your score's instrument/effect list is great.

It was fun to try and catch all the instruments and effects used in other Beatles songs. I think I heard Keeny G in one spot though.

Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour are my favs. Fool On The Hill's lyrics have always intrigued me. I know Paul wrote it but the lyrics make me think of John.

Nice work!

Phil

Beautiful music brilliantly arranged and orchestrated. You have a very rich sound bank which you manage well and makes this 'one theme with variations' as a continuous adventure with new things popping up all the time. It was a pleasure to listen. Thank you.

Kjell

Indeed, a beautiful orchestration, very varied and rich. But it was kind of hard to follow the score because of the highly unusual instrument order. It was more puzzling than reading...

But I've enjoyed the music a lot and that's what matters.
    Max

Go Back to forum