"Brassado"

Fellow Music Peeps,

This is my brash, all-brass "Brassado".

Instrumentation: three trumpets, two French horns, two 'bones and one tuba

Regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Brassado"

I enjoyed your Bassado Larry.

An interesting and different brass line up. I've only heard the baritone used for the lower end in a brass ensemble but the tuba was definitely the star on this one.

Phil

Hi Larry,

Thanks for this magnificent dialogue between trumpet and tuba. The prominent role of the latter is somewhat surprising (and challenging), and it is a masterful example of good counterpoint. The rest of the brass ensemble are almost overwhelmed with the braver of the two main performers and they stay modestly in the background.

What a fine start of this day!
    Max

Haven't heard that much brass interaction. Quite lively, Very good interaction, with the instruments more 'sharing' the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for this magnificent dialogue between trumpet and tuba. The prominent role of the latter is somewhat surprising (and challenging), and it is a masterful example of good counterpoint. The rest of the brass ensemble are almost overwhelmed with the braver of the two main performers and they stay modestly in the background.

What a fine start of this day!
    Max
    Thanks for your nice comments, my friend Mister Max.

My best to you.

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Haven't heard that much brass interaction. Quite lively, Very good interaction, with the instruments more 'sharing' the spotlight.
    Thanks for listening and welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I enjoyed your Bassado Larry.

An interesting and different brass line up. I've only heard the baritone used for the lower end in a brass ensemble but the tuba was definitely the star on this one.

Phil
    I appreciate your input, Mister Phil. Thanks for listening.

Best,

Larry Alexander

As a trumpet major, I can say that this would be a LOT of fun to play. The trumpets seem a bit heavy on the legato effect, but that is purely interpretive (as well as software dependent) - wow it really is quite spectacular.

Tom

I don't know how he does it, but everytime I listen to some of his compositions my mood gets better and better. Great combination of instruments and as Max said: a surprising discussion between two instruments.

Greetings,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    As a trumpet major, I can say that this would be a LOT of fun to play. The trumpets seem a bit heavy on the legato effect, but that is purely interpretive (as well as software dependent) - wow it really is quite spectacular.

Tom
    I appreciate your input as always. Thank you, Mister Tom.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast