• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Waltz Number Eight"

Share/Bookmark

"Waltz Number Eight"

Y'all,

This is my "Waltz Number Eight" for solo violin, piano and small orchestra.

My best regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Waltz Number Eight"

I hope you are not going to be mad at me to say that this piece shows how skillful you became recently to orchestrate your ideas. A great waltz, happy tunes and all around delight.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I hope you are not going to be mad at me to say that this piece shows how skillful you became recently to orchestrate your ideas. A great waltz, happy tunes and all around delight.

Ted
    I could never be angry with you, Mister Ted.

Thanks for the complimentary message. I appreciate it, Amigo.

Pasa Buen Dia.

Larry Alexander

It was a fun to listen to and interesting waltz Larry.

With those samples and articulations I gather it's one of your more recent works.

I hope you were spared most of the recent deluge. It's been on the very warm and dry side here and lots of smoke from the eastern side fires but we just got a few sprinkles this evening and possibly more coming with the cooler temps.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    It was a fun to listen to and interesting waltz Larry.

With those samples and articulations I gather it's one of your more recent works.

I hope you were spared most of the recent deluge. It's been on the very warm and dry side here and lots of smoke from the eastern side fires but we just got a few sprinkles this evening and possibly more coming with the cooler temps.

Phil
    I wrote this several years ago, Mister Phil. Because of health reasons I have given up composing and haven't written anything new for quite a while.

It was fifty-seven degrees F this morning here in Tyler, Texas USA. To us Southerners that's pretty chilly.

Thanks for your message.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I have said this before and will say it again. Your volume of work is staggering and should be archived and made available for students and audiences to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Y'all,

This is my "Waltz Number Eight" for solo violin, piano and small orchestra.

My best regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I have said this before and will say it again. Your volume of work is staggering and should be archived and made available for students and audiences to enjoy.

I thank you muchly, Mister Tom for the nice compliments. It's good to hear from you.

For the most part my work is 'archived' on my music website: http://www.alexandermusic.com

I hope that things are going well for you and that you are in fine fettle...whatever that means.

My best regards to you.

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    I thank you muchly, Mister Tom for the nice compliments. It's good to hear from you.

For the most part my work is 'archived' on my music website: http://www.alexandermusic.com

I hope that things are going well for you and that you are in fine fettle...whatever that means.

My best regards to you.

Larry Alexander
    The noun refers to condition, order or shape, and fine fettle means to be in good order or condition. It seems to come from the Old English fetel for a belt, so the verb probably first had the meaning of girding yourself up as for a heavy task.

Now here's the scary part. Just a few minutes before seeing your post here I had used the phrase, "in fine fettle," in a book that I am writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    The noun refers to condition, order or shape, and fine fettle means to be in good order or condition. It seems to come from the Old English fetel for a belt, so the verb probably first had the meaning of girding yourself up as for a heavy task.

Now here's the scary part. Just a few minutes before seeing your post here I had used the phrase, "in fine fettle," in a book that I am writing.

Actually, I knew what it meant but I unsuccessfully tried to be funny. Oh well...thanks anyway.

Great minds run in the same channel is my explanation for your other point.

Larry Alexander

Dear Larry,

I would call this waltz nr 8 a concert waltz because of its richness and inventiveness. Next to that, the instrumental interaction is so delicate and well chosen, that it makes this waltz to a unique chamber music piece, not just a waltz nr 8.

Just lovely!
    Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast