• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Clarinet Concerto Number One" (Excerpt from first movement)

Share/Bookmark

"Clarinet Concerto Number One" (Excerpt from first and third movements)

Y'all,

This is an excerpt from the first movement of my "Clarinet Concerto Number One".

Here is an excerpt form the third movement of the same composition:

Regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Clarinet Concerto Number One" (Excerpt from first movement)

You have set your target high with this one. It would be a super clarinetist to play this beautiful concerto.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    You have set your target high with this one. It would be a super clarinetist to play this beautiful concerto.

Ted
    It would be difficult for me, since I am not a clarinet player. A professional would have no problems with it.

Thanks, Senor Ted, for listening.

Tengas Buen Dia!

Larry Alexander

That was GREAT Larry. Both of them.

So that's why the clarinet was invented.

A real explosion of creative energy!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    That was GREAT Larry. Both of them.

So that's why the clarinet was invented.

A real explosion of creative energy!

Phil
    Always good to hear from you, my friend. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Best,

Larry Alexander

I have a great morning here in Nerja, Spain (holiday). First Raymond's and now this brilliant composition (first one). Exciting and interesting all the way, a breathtaking action tempo. I do think however the orchestra is placed too much in the background relative the soloist, maybe only in my sound system. Great music.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    I have a great morning here in Nerja, Spain (holiday). First Raymond's and now this brilliant composition (first one). Exciting and interesting all the way, a breathtaking action tempo. I do think however the orchestra is placed too much in the background relative the soloist, maybe only in my sound system. Great music.

Kjell
    Thank you for listening and commenting.

Regards,

Larry Alexander

Bravissimo Larry!

We've all heard very difficult and boring virtuoso concerti, but this one is quite the opposite. If there is one striking feature in it, it would be the joyful approach of the soloist and light-hearted accompaniment of the orchestra. And yet, the technical standard is pretty high and demanding for the clarinet. Again very skilfully done. This concerto would be an ideal starter to get the public into the concert hall again.

One little piece of advice however: leave every now and then a tiny bit of space to the clarinet player to breath some air... You wouldn't want him to drop dead on stage, would you?

Congrats!
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Bravissimo Larry!

We've all heard very difficult and boring virtuoso concerti, but this one is quite the opposite. If there is one striking feature in it, it would be the joyful approach of the soloist and light-hearted accompaniment of the orchestra. And yet, the technical standard is pretty high and demanding for the clarinet. Again very skilfully done. This concerto would be an ideal starter to get the public into the concert hall again.

One little piece of advice however: leave every now and then a tiny bit of space to the clarinet player to breath some air... You wouldn't want him to drop dead on stage, would you?

Congrats!
    Max
    Thanks for listening.

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum