• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ochtend = Morning(s)

Share/Bookmark

Ochtend = Morning(s)

A new piece for pianosolo for the series "Images". Took quite a while to notate this, because of some mysterious failures of Overture. But at the end with various updates I could end this piece within a month time.

Ochtend (Morning)

Greetings,

Raymond
    [now for No.5 in this series ]

Re: Ochtend = Morning(s)

Thanks for posting this, enjoyed very much, this whole set is a style departure for you I think.
    You play this????? Great sounds too.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Thanks for posting this, enjoyed very much, this whole set is a style departure for you I think.
    You play this????? Great sounds too.

Ted
    Thank you, Ted. No I don't play anymore. My hands won't allow it (atrosis). I used the electronic keyboard only for exploring the sound of chords and note-combinations (trans from one bar to the other). Mainly did this using my inner-voice and ofcourse music-theory.

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

I was so lucky to pre-listen to this marvel. Your piano imagination is simply fantastic. Here you've touched the very impressionism feel with great mastery. The delicate opening chords, the harmonies, the passage around 3'30 are wonderful. The whole piece cries out to be performed live. It will appeal to a very broad range of audience. It's difficult, but never sophisticated or pedantic, it doesn't have any intellectual pretensions; it's just very fine, well composed pleasurable music with great skill.
    The midi performance is again - as we are used to from Raymond - outstanding with a very realistic sound. I hope many members will find the time to listen to that lovely piece!

Max

Re: Ochtend = Morning(s

I agree with Max that this should be performed. It's quite innovative and brilliant combining the different periods seamlessly as you have done.

Phil

Beautiful and elegant with a touch of magic. This great composition activates many good and interesting feelings.

Go Back to forum