• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A short sail

Share/Bookmark

A short sail

Gentle waves and light wind, a pleasant short sail.

https://app.box.com/s/zhoj3rejvyfhqloz8t3cd7sx9z7cywl5

Re: A short sail

Wonderful Ted, such a great melody and beautiful instrumentation. I really enjoyed listen to this.

Kjell

Thanks Kjell, thanks for your comment.
    A few years back I was attending some trials south of Karlstad and after lunch every day we drove out to a lake, beautiful area, reminded me of Canada. (By the way the lunch, for 4 days were Swedish meatballs!), your recent music/video also looks like the lakes around where I live.

Ted

There was no better start of the day than this piece of wonderful music.

Raymond

Simply wonderful, Ted. Such a relaxed sail. And again I have to say that the Garritan flute sounds miraculous. It's very versatile and rich. If there is one little shortcoming, it would be the legato flow. But the start and release samples are so well built, that one can hardly hear it. It is the most usable flute I know, musically, sonically and technically. In the mix, it is a bit hard to tame (very powerful).

And your lovely piece does honour to Garritan masterpiece and vice versa! You are a true master of fine themes and sweet harmonies.

Thanks again for sharing this little marvel!
    Max

A very lovely piece.. Nice interaction between, the different instruments.. The return of the flute, makes for a complete conversation..

Thanks for all the comments, really appreciated.
    Max, I was tempted to say nothing specific about the instruments I used in this piece, but honesty dictates to reveal that not one of the instruments are from Garritan. They are all from the Kontakt Library. Finally, I managed to put together a template of it, and I do like it. I have more opportunity to change the sounds than with Garritan. Of course, I am still learning. Thanks for your kindness Max.

Lovely melody. The solo flute is lyrical and beautiful.

Thanks Royced57!

Ted

Hi Ted,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Still, the Garritan flute is one of the very best, but it has some self-will that is hard to tame. The Kontakt instruments are in most cases legacy VSL instruments. And indeed, you can handle them somewhat more. What I've told you about the legatos stands of course, you should look into the matter and you'll find a way to make them more fluent. (e.g. Make your piano roll blocks overlap a bit and choose the sustain flute, since there is no legato flute).
    But as said, A very fine composition. The hint here is merely a small technical niggle.

Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast