• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Minnesota Uppsala Connection

Share/Bookmark

The Minnesota Uppsala Connection

Hello and good evening (in Sweden),
    my previous thread 'Pastoral piece...' generated some picturesque reactions so I made a movie to the tune which I want to show you. So Royce, this is for you, and to everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTX7kuUV1w

and summer is soon over...

Re: The Minnesota Uppsala Connection

With your video, it is more pastoral...
    Very nice

Ted

Thank you Ted.

Kjell

Outstanding!

Your music and video go well together. I liked the playful little fish.

You are becoming a seasoned composer and orchestrator. Keep up the fine work.

Thanks for sharing your creations with us.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Awesome Kjell!!! Loved it. I live in Colorado now and miss the green and water. You video could have been taken in Northern Minnesota. No wonder why so many Scandinavians settled there. It was like home.

Thank you Larry and Royce for listening/watching and for lovely comments.
    This is a new form of art for me which I will further explore.
    If anyone knows about any good free videos site on the web, please let me know.

Greetings,
    Kjell

Very very beautiful. A lovely composition, well orchestrated, balanced. Yes I like the piano and the fishes too.. nice segway.

Absolutely worth listening to it more than once (as I mentioned before). The footage makes it even stronger. I find it a wonderful composition with a returning theme in many variations and forms. Beautifully done!

I would however do a small suggestion to make it even more attractive. It seems that you have only two depths in the piece: the solos and the background string orchestra. (The percussion - which could be functional - disappears almost completely in the back and is hardly of any use there. The strings have no particular role, and could yet colour the entire composition by taking over the thematic material or supporting it more audibly. With your reverb, you could create four depths: solos, higher strings, lower strings, percussion, by simply augmenting the dry signal for the nearest instruments and a bit more wet signal for the remote ones. That is the easiest way to realise depth. You could do it with early reflections, delay and EQ as well, but that's a lot more complicated and not all reverb gear is capable of doing that. If you have used the GPO hall, you should turn it off and use an external reverb app. Some are free on the internet.)

But as mentioned, a fine and ear pleasing composition that fits perfectly in the image.

Max

A very beautiful composition and gorgeous scenery. Well done!

Regards,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Very very beautiful. A lovely composition, well orchestrated, balanced. Yes I like the piano and the fishes too.. nice segway.
    Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast