• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dance!

Share/Bookmark

Dance!

I've been playing around with an EDM (Electronic Dance Music) tune and here's an orchestral/choral version of it.

These people will play anything for money!

Dance!

Re: Dance!

It sounds very cinematic. Almost as a car driving along a highway. This has an amazing number of ways it could go including, of course, dance.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I've been playing around with an EDM (Electronic Dance Music) tune and here's an orchestral/choral version of it.

These people will play anything for money!

Dance!

I never admitted that I was fascinated by ABBA. But i was. It was melodious, brilliantly produced eyc.
    This Dance reminds me of ABBA, the melody you have is your own, but the orchestration is similarly great. It is a nice dance, thanks for posting it.
    Ted

Amazing, I love it and indeed I too thought of Abba (as everything in Sweden is related to Abba) but developed far above their level. I believe you can make a commercial success with this one. I will try it tonight on our guests.
    The strings and chorus are really magnifying and enriching the tune as they fit perfectly to the melody, supported by excellent rhythm and advanced bass.
    That extra sound appearing in the end, at 2:53, could maybe be improved, it was a bit out of track. The ending is essential for me because it influences the memories of the tune.

Thank you for sharing

Kjell

PS I just played it for my family and we all danced together. Thanks for the happiness it is bringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    It sounds very cinematic. Almost as a car driving along a highway. This has an amazing number of ways it could go including, of course, dance.

Tom
    Thanks for commenting Tom.

It's interesting you mentioned driving. Kraftwerk's 1974 Autoban was what got me interested in electronic music.

The original version of this tune was all electronic and was suggested on KVR that it needed punchier drums and a little more development. I was sort of hearing strings and voice in my head so I went that route.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I never admitted that I was fascinated by ABBA. But i was. It was melodious, brilliantly produced eyc.
    This Dance reminds me of ABBA, the melody you have is your own, but the orchestration is similarly great. It is a nice dance, thanks for posting it.
    Ted
    Thanks Ted!

I also discovered and developed a fascination with ABBA but it was many years after they broke up. Here in the states most people only knew them as the band that recorded Dancing Queen. The musical Mama Mia, which I saw with my daughter on Broadway, probably changed that somewhat though. Born and Benny were a great songwriting team and Agnatha and Anni-Frid were very talented singers.

Phil

Hi Kjell.

I'm happy you enjoyed this song with your family and it reminded you of ABBA. My daughter visited a cousin my age in Sweden and although she didn't have time to go to the ABBA museum she brought me back an ABBA Gimme, Gimme, Gimme note magnet which is on the front of my refridgerator. I also listened a lot to Bjorn and Benny's great music from the musical Chess and their Scandinavian musical Kristina Fran Duvemala. My paternal grandparents came over from Sweden in the early 1900s. He was from Skelleftea and she was from Pitea but they first met and married in South Dakota.

Your right about those trumpets that come in again at the end. It didn't sound quite right to me either. I thought it might be because of the key change but I just dragged an audio region to that spot and it's probably off a little. I also need to double check the instrumentation at the one bar spots where the synth lead stops and other sounds come in.

Phil

Minor improvements to Dance!

Dance!

Go Back to forum