• Register
  • Help

Topic: Irishgreen

Share/Bookmark

Irishgreen

Just remembering the color of the grass and shamrock near Limerick in Ireland. (Strings are VSL from Kontakt Factory Library)

https://app.box.com/s/cnwv36kaoolez95an7mlctse9yb2kabv

Re: Irishgreen

Ted,

Your Irishgreen was pretty and soothing. It did evoke images of the countryside.

The VSL Strings that come with Kontakt are a nice, unexpected surprise.

Phil

Thanks Phil,
    After a long time, frustrations, no help from NI, I managed to use Kontakt in a limited way. The limit is the 12 output chanells, so I can use only my string section in Kontakt, but setting the solo instruments on the same output and MIDI chanells as the sections are on, it works. Someone on NI forum has said that he has a version with 16 stereo outs, but NI said no, only 6 stereo. I am considering to try to use mono outputs, see how that sounds with help from Sonar.
    Thanks again, who ever is strugling with Kontakt I would be happy to help with as much as I know.
    Thanks agin,

Ted

Lovely, Ted.

It sounds fresh as after a pleasant shower,
    with the sun coming out and giving a sparkle
    to the drops of rain still hanging on the
    tips of the leaves.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Thanks Phil,
    After a long time, frustrations, no help from NI, I managed to use Kontakt in a limited way. The limit is the 12 output chanells, so I can use only my string section in Kontakt, but setting the solo instruments on the same output and MIDI chanells as the sections are on, it works. Someone on NI forum has said that he has a version with 16 stereo outs, but NI said no, only 6 stereo. I am considering to try to use mono outputs, see how that sounds with help from Sonar.
    Thanks again, who ever is strugling with Kontakt I would be happy to help with as much as I know.
    Thanks agin,

Ted
    Ted,

I'm pretty sure you can have up to 16 MIDI channels with one instance of Kontakt in Sonar. There should be a sub selection of about seven types when selecting Kontakt for a track and Multi-Output (16XStereo) should be one of them. Also you do know that you can load mutiple instances of Kontakt in your project.

You can load a seperate instance of Kontakt for each track if you want to, if your computer can handle it. I have to do this using Logic Pro X and a Kontakt-Stereo instance for each instrument track. Otherwise muting or soloing one track mutes or solos all the tracks in a Multi-Output instance of Kontakt. Apple says that multi-timbral hosts are old technology. The only time this would work is with different articularions of the same instrument, like switching from legato to staccato on the violins.

Phil

I know Phil that I am a pain, but forgive me for an other question: where can I find the "sub selection of about seven types"? Do I have to reload Kontakt to see this?
    Thanks a lot in advance

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I know Phil that I am a pain, but forgive me for an other question: where can I find the "sub selection of about seven types"? Do I have to reload Kontakt to see this?
    Thanks a lot in advance

Ted
    Here’s a YouTube video tutorial about it. He has renamed the particular Kontakt setup you want so you’ll probably need to look for the one that says 64 channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WzVBvg8Vw0

Phil

Thanks. Yes, it is a good video, but right from the start he is saying get the 64 output version! Without saying where can you get it. So, I am trying again to bug NI "service" for an answer.
    The multiple Kontakt idea of course is available but the load would be too much for my poor machine. In any case, I managed to create a template with all Kontakt-VSL strings and the rest with GPO5 and I love it.
    Thanks again Phil for your kindness

Ted

Hi Ted,

I'm glad I heard another lovely piece from your hand. You've made a interesting composition, but due to technical limitations, the beauty is not fully transmitted to us. I don't know the situation in Sonar (I work in Logic Pro or Studio One pro), but it is definitely possible to use 64 channels in Kontakt. There are the 16 basic channels and an A-B-C-D-switch to select the next four series of 16 channels (in the Kontakt instance next to the channel selector - see attached screenshot).

Max

https://app.box.com/s/sxhtbx4edzm2dl3hll9g33l7pihyxe01

Thanks Max, you helped by prompting me to try it again. Now I do have a template of all Kontakt 5, but in two instances. The first instance stops at 12 outs, if I try to add 1 more, it tells me there is no more room. But, it is worth the effort, a lot can be done with the available instruments, and they are better than GPO 5. So, thanks again, both for your advise and for the listening. Hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Ted

Go Back to forum