• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bolero

Share/Bookmark

Bolero

Is this a bolero? I'll just say close enough.

Electronic sounds and GPO 5 Tremelo Strings, CFX Concert Grand, Soundiron Percussion.

Bolero

Re: Bolero

Hi Fastlane,

Bolero or not, it was the first music I heard this morning and it made me happy. Great rendering/mix of all the sounds used and a very pleasant melody. You made my day !

Raymond

I join Raymond, happy day for me too!!!

Ted

Thanks Raymond and Ted!

I'm glad it brought you both a happy morning. It was a fun music to create although I had some difficulty with the snare work.

Phil

I wouldn't call it a bolero. I would just call it pleasant music. What it sounds like is far more important than what you call it.

Richard

It inspires certainly dancing, I feel it already in my legs. I will invite my woman tonight for a dance to this music. The rhythm reminds me of Ravel's Bolero.
    I like it, both rhythm and the sound picture, it is very appealing with a proper mix between simplicity and complexity to serve its purpose.
    Well done

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    I wouldn't call it a bolero. I would just call it pleasant music. What it sounds like is far more important than what you call it.

Richard
    Yes, I agree with that Richard.

Thanks for the input.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    It inspires certainly dancing, I feel it already in my legs. I will invite my woman tonight for a dance to this music. The rhythm reminds me of Ravel's Bolero.
    I like it, both rhythm and the sound picture, it is very appealing with a proper mix between simplicity and complexity to serve its purpose.
    Well done

Kjell
    Glad you liked it!

I hope you both have a good time with your dancing. It also remind me of Ravel's Bolero but slightly more uptempo.

I seem to like keeping things simple but hopefully with enough surprises I can maintain interest.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Technically speaking, this isn't a bolero in the classical meaning. (A bolero is ¾ and this one is 4/4). But it is confusing... During my exams for music teacher, I had to write down the main themes from Ravel's Bolero and I remembered the popular dance boleros from my youth, which were all 4/4 and I wrote down Ravel's piece in 4/4, which was strangely enough very complicated with an outrageous number of syncopes. Later I learned that the basic key signature should be ¾..
    Apart from this, it's a pleasant and inviting piece of light music that makes one happy. Not all music must be complicated to be interesting. Simple things can have a lot of beauty too!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

Technically speaking, this isn't a bolero in the classical meaning. (A bolero is ¾ and this one is 4/4). But it is confusing... During my exams for music teacher, I had to write down the main themes from Ravel's Bolero and I remembered the popular dance boleros from my youth, which were all 4/4 and I wrote down Ravel's piece in 4/4, which was strangely enough very complicated with an outrageous number of syncopes. Later I learned that the basic key signature should be ¾..
    Apart from this, it's a pleasant and inviting piece of light music that makes one happy. Not all music must be complicated to be interesting. Simple things can have a lot of beauty too!

Max
    I loved Ravel's Bolero for years. Then I had to play snare drum for it in college - I've never played it since.

Tom

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast