• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Bone Of Contention"

Share/Bookmark

"Bone Of Contention"

​Y'all,

This is my simple, little, uncomplicated, predictable chune, "Bone Of Contention".

Take care everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Bone Of Contention"

Hi mister Larry,

Before starting my 'working' day (I'm reworking my earlier Accordion Concerto into some sort of chamber version), I took a quick look at the NS-forum and Larry A. was the first one in the row. Thanks to your amusing tune, I could start my day in a good mood. You call it uncomplicated... In some way it is, but all the small harmonic refinements make it a pretty rich 'predictable' chunk. It is not a straight forward 3 chord thing! I like the trombone sound as well.

Thanks for making my day again,
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi mister Larry,

Before starting my 'working' day (I'm reworking my earlier Accordion Concerto into some sort of chamber version), I took a quick look at the NS-forum and Larry A. was the first one in the row. Thanks to your amusing tune, I could start my day in a good mood. You call it uncomplicated... In some way it is, but all the small harmonic refinements make it a pretty rich 'predictable' chunk. It is not a straight forward 3 chord thing! I like the trombone sound as well.

Thanks for making my day again,
    Max
    Thanks for your support, Mister Max. I hope that things are going well for you.

Best regards.

Larry Alexander

Hi Larry,
    I just listened to your tune and for sure it makes me glad and positive towards the coming day. I think it is sort of brilliant that you manage to create the feeling of live music, it is like someone is improvising on brass with great engagement.
    Maybe some crec and dim could enrich the song.
    I thank you.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Hi Larry,
    I just listened to your tune and for sure it makes me glad and positive towards the coming day. I think it is sort of brilliant that you manage to create the feeling of live music, it is like someone is improvising on brass with great engagement.
    Maybe some crec and dim could enrich the song.
    I thank you.

Kjell
    I didn't spend enough time with dynamics.

Thanks for listening, Mister Kjell.

Best,

Larry Alexander

You have an endless stream of absolute gems like this one. Please tell me you are making an album of printed scores. I'll get in line to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    You have an endless stream of absolute gems like this one. Please tell me you are making an album of printed scores. I'll get in line to buy one.
    My bad health prevents my doing a lot of work with my original compositions, unfortunately. I haven't written anything new in several years! I am cursed with heart failure which takes away all of my strength. Bad situation for this 83-year-old dude.

Thanks for your message.

Best,

Larry Alexander

An enjoyable song for sure Larry. Your music almost always creates a happy mood. I'm sure creating and sharing it has brought you much enjoyment also. It sounds so effortlessly done. I remember you including comments like " I wrote this one while shaving". I guess you have no idea how you could have been so prolific but just accepted it as a special gift.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    An enjoyable song for sure Larry. Your music almost always creates a happy mood. I'm sure creating and sharing it has brought you much enjoyment also. It sounds so effortlessly done. I remember you including comments like " I wrote this one while shaving". I guess you have no idea how you could have been so prolific but just accepted it as a special gift.

Phil
    I appreciate it, Mister Phil, from the great NorthEast.

There were some good music genes in my family when I came along. My Father was a fine musician and vocalist and he had a great ear for pitch.

Thanks for your input, as always, my friend.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum