• Register
  • Help

Topic: Love story for clarinet and orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Love story for clarinet and orchestra

This is my love story with the ambition to let the emotions shine. It is based on some pop-themes I developed on the piano over some decades. Thanks to Garritan I could finally put them together in an orchestral work.
    An important instrument is the acoustic bass (pizzicato) which marks the rhythm and brings the music closer to the pop genre.

https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...ade-in-e-minor

Greetings and happy midsummer!

Kjell

Re: Love story for clarinet and orchestra

Kjell,

I really enjoyed this music.

I could hear the melodies that run through this. I wouldn't say they were real popish but just good melody. I also hear mixed emotions running through this although they seem to lean towards something lost or now gone. But also nice thoughts.

Phil

Hi Kjell,

A nice orchestral job with a lovely prominent clarinet. I didn't recognise any pop themes (probably due to my complete ignorance in that field), but that didn't prevent me from enjoying your piece.

Well done!
    Max

Hey, you did it again. Some lovely music to listen to after evening dinner. Great melody. One thing, your wind artists need once in a while some breathing, shorten some legato phrases and add a little pause. They will thank you.

Raymond

Phil, Max, Raymond
    Thanks for feedback, it feels great to get your comments.

Phil, Max: The themes are like those you may hear at ESC (Eurovision Song Contest), I think, but somewhat extended.

Raymond, you certainly have a relevant point concerning breathing. I have tried to phrase (with slurs) and also to introduce pauses but I am unable to achieve the desired naturalness. Maybe a dilemma in digital music?

Regards,
    Kjell

Very nice! You're a pretty darn good composer. You handled the full orchestra well.

The ending is a bit weak. Maybe a gradual ritard would work well at the conclusion.

It's a bit lengthy but I like it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Best regards.

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Phil, Max, Raymond
    Thanks for feedback, it feels great to get your comments.

Phil, Max: The themes are like those you may hear at ESC (Eurovision Song Contest), I think, but somewhat extended.

Raymond, you certainly have a relevant point concerning breathing. I have tried to phrase (with slurs) and also to introduce pauses but I am unable to achieve the desired naturalness. Maybe a dilemma in digital music?

Regards,
    Kjell
    Let one of the other instruments take over the melody, some few notes will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Very nice! You're a pretty darn good composer. You handled the full orchestra well.

The ending is a bit weak. Maybe a gradual ritard would work well at the conclusion.

It's a bit lengthy but I like it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Best regards.

Larry Alexander
    Thanks Larry for your kind words.
    Yes, good point on the ending. I have tried different accelerando approaches but maybe ritardando is the solution, maybe coming back to original theme.
    Thanks for your suggestion.

Kjell

Go Back to forum