• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Prélude N°1 - Anthony Sylvestre

Share/Bookmark

Prélude N°1 - Anthony Sylvestre

Hi there ! I would like to share with you my new piece for solo piano. It's entitled 'Prélude N°1' (Duration : 3'15").
    I hope that you will like it.
    Your feed-back will be appreciated. Thanks for listening :

Re: Prélude N°1 - Anthony Sylvestre

I enjoyed your Prelude N 1.

It definitely romantic. For me it begins light and then becomes a little darker and more serious. It makes me wonder if there is a story here.

Phil

Sounds good and very promising. I noticed some dull moments:

• 1. the first part - you repeat the left hand too much; vary it a bit more in particular when the right hand isn't there;
    • 2. the second part - is not really a development of the first part, with those broken chords (right) make the melody of the first part sound in another way;
    • 3. the last part - here you go over with higher speed for the right hand, but not really some variation of the main melody. And combine this with some more lively left hand, playing only sustaining chords is too easy.

Greetings, and please go on,

Raymond

Lovely, beautiful. I appreciate the excellent variations of the main theme making it continuously interesting with both contrasts and continuity.

Kjell

Stunning. Set your bar really high 'cause you can easily clear it. Your music is so focused, purposeful, touching and you absolutely nailed not only this prelude but all of your music that I could find navigating your youtube channel and your personal web page. Le piano suspendu, la Berceuse, Libera me (both versions, strings and choir, are beautiful)... whatever, really... Melancolie, Lacrimosa... you name it. La Promesse! Amazing...
    Your piano pieces are easily in Yann Tiersen's league... Ah, you French guys have your own special connection with emotions..

I wish you all the luck in the world for your career.

Tres heureux - et honore'- de faire la connaissance avec ta musique, Anthony.

Fabrizio

I did enjoy your prelude!

I was hoping though that you would continue the variation you started at 00:37, it was promising.

I was slightly reminded of a few other composers that probably had an influence on you.

Thanks for posting.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    I did enjoy your prelude!

I was hoping though that you would continue the variation you started at 00:37, it was promising.

I was slightly reminded of a few other composers that probably had an influence on you.

Thanks for posting.

~ Yudit ~
    I could tell you might have enjoyed Anthony's Prelude, Yudit.... you two have a very similar approach, focus and the same purpose in using this 'tool named music'. Anthony is more melody-driven while you bend towards thicker harmonies and subtle tensions... but both strike straight to feelings and both strive to pull dreams out of each listener.
    Remember that quote from Balzac I mentioned a few days ago? Well, this is what 'Vocation' was supposed to mean.
    Music is art... even Plato, more than 2000 years ago, mentioned in his Πολιτεία (Republic) that music is the training of the spirit, not of the intellect. Take art off the equation and you get a dull sequence of math formulas.
    While writing, I am listening again to the Prelude alternated with your 'Un momento espressivo'.... I am having a nice time

The above is just my personal opinion, of course. HUMBLE opinion, I stress.

Fab

Sorry everyone, I missed all your comments and have just seen them yesterday. So, I answer now :
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I enjoyed your Prelude N 1.
    It definitely romantic. For me it begins light and then becomes a little darker and more serious. It makes me wonder if there is a story here.
    Phil
    Thank you fastlane, no particular will from me to tell a particular story, but it certainly evoke thoughts in the mind of the listener. That said, the different moods in this piece certainly are telling something. I let the music speaks for itself.

"I let the music , speaks for itself" you said. I just simply enjoyed your Prelude. The only other comment I have is, while it is your choice of title, I think this music is more than a Prelude, you could have selected a more appropriate title, but, again, " let the music speak", and it does, very nicely.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    "I let the music , speaks for itself" you said. I just simply enjoyed your Prelude. The only other comment I have is, while it is your choice of title, I think this music is more than a Prelude, you could have selected a more appropriate title, but, again, " let the music speak", and it does, very nicely.
    Ted
    You're totally right Ted, in fact, I didn't found a title for this piece, it's the reason why I have entitled it Prélude N°1 : not original at all and certainly not the more appropriate choice !!
    It's often hard for me to found the right title that fits perfectly to the music.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast