• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: A Symphonic Poem

Share/Bookmark

Smile Re: A Symphonic Poem

Quote Originally Posted by sec2 View Post
    Kjell,

You should already know by now that I am a fan of yours..but let me praise this latest composition you submitted, too. I' ve been a bit off the forum these days and it has been tough to find some time to dedicate to your work. As already mentioned, it takes some effort and concentration to properly enjoy it... but, yes, it has been absolutely worth to: rich, complex work, very balanced and God knows how difficult it has to be to keep balance with a work of this size.

Always a pleasure to listen to your music.

Fab
    Thank you, Fab, for your kind words. It is good to have you back on the line. It is a pleasure to read your well-formulated and detailed comments, including the critical ones
    I am glad you liked this one.

Kjell

Re: A Symphonic Poem

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Thank you, Fab, for your kind words. It is good to have you back on the line. It is a pleasure to read your well-formulated and detailed comments, including the critical ones
    I am glad you liked this one.

Kjell

Thanks for the nice words, Kjell. I do not actually think I ever 'criticize' anything. I can express my opinion on a certain issue, but I always stress that I express nothing else than that.. just my humble opinion. I do not think I know anything more than any of you guys, to be able to isolate possible 'faults' in your works. Plus...there are many different points of views, rarely absolute truths.
    I enjoy being part of a community concerning music because I think of this as a place we can talk about a topic which is dear to us all and possibly socialize and joke a bit.

Looking forward to listening to your music again.

Fabrizio

At last, some very good massage for my ears. Nicely done. The brass is really a topic for me. Maybe on some occasions an outburst of joy with those brass instruments (as at about 10 minutes, but then brass only!!), you know what I mean. There was a lot of work involved, I know. Really enjoyable. And never again tell us that you live in a country between Sibelius and Grieg. You have some guys to be proud of, like Wilhelm Stenhammar. You are too modest (haha).

Greetings,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    At last, some very good massage for my ears. Nicely done. The brass is really a topic for me. Maybe on some occasions an outburst of joy with those brass instruments (as at about 10 minutes, but then brass only!!), you know what I mean. There was a lot of work involved, I know. Really enjoyable. And never again tell us that you live in a country between Sibelius and Grieg. You have some guys to be proud of, like Wilhelm Stenhammar. You are too modest (haha).

Greetings,

Raymond
    Thanks for feedback, Raymond. And Stenhammar, yes I had almost forgot him although my son was singing a choir song by him on our national day recently so I promise...

Kjell

Hi Kjell,

With growing admiration I listened to your Symphonic Poem. You've put down a very nice symfonie structure both in orchestration as in thematic material. Very interesting are the horn passages, where the instrument gets a very melodic prominent role. I do realise what a tough job it is to have such an extensive work sound right. And you managed to do so, all over the almost 16 minutes.
    It requires for a lot of forum members a firm dosis of courage (and patience) to listen to a work of that length, but it is certainly worth the while. As Raymond says: At last, some very good massage for my ears. Nicely done. This is one of the top compositions on this forum with a daring length, content and orchestral grandeur.
    Very nice overall sound as well!

Thanks for sharing,
    Max

Thank you Max for a thorough listening and for your kind and generous words. I really appreciate that.

Kjell

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12