• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Symphonic Poem

Share/Bookmark

A Symphonic Poem

Here is an orchestral composition based on some themes I have collected over the years. It is more like a flow of ideas than a proper symphonic form, inspired by the creative spontaneity of Beethoven.

https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...improved-sound

Re: A Symphonic Poem

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Here is an orchestral composition based on some themes I have collected over the years. It is more like a flow of ideas than a proper symphonic form, inspired by the creative spontaneity of Beethoven.

Kjelle,

An impressive work.
    Interesting motives interlocking and/or fading into each other.

Which libraries have you used?

I can't even imagine how much work goes into such a long piece.

Thanks for posting!

~ Yudit ~

Hej Yudit,
    thanks for listening and your reply. I do understand that a 15 min long tune is much to ask for a listen so your effort is really appreciated.
    And indeed, it has taken a lot of work to realize this tune. An interesting thing is, though, that I do not remember anything from the work although the main part was done this year. I am still modifying, actually an update was done today.
    The library used was Garritan GPO5. It works nice and easy together with Finale.

Greetings from Sweden, the country between Grieg and Sibelius

Greetings from Sweden, the country between Grieg and Sibelius
    AKA Peterson-Berger's

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Wonderful, Kjelleman - I've listened to it several times and I am amazed at the subtle complexities. I hope that you will consider lengthening it to an even more impressive scale.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Wonderful, Kjelleman - I've listened to it several times and I am amazed at the subtle complexities. I hope that you will consider lengthening it to an even more impressive scale.
    Tom
    Thanks, Tom. I am glad you listened and responded. I find similarities in this tune with your space tunes, e.g. the extensive use of brass.
    All the best,
    Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    AKA Peterson-Berger's

Oh, I was referring to Giants

I listened to it all and enjoyed it, especially the quieter sections. I could felt a strong classical romanticism throughout this work. The title is interesting as I felt it was, at least for me, possibly a statement about what the world can or could have been for humanity and what has possibly been lost or has been supressed because of the rush of modern technology and events.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I listened to it all and enjoyed it, especially the quieter sections. I could felt a strong classical romanticism throughout this work. The title is interesting as I felt it was, at least for me, possibly a statement about what the world can or could have been for humanity and what has possibly been lost or has been supressed because of the rush of modern technology and events.

Phil
    Thank you Phil. I am glad the music generates images. It is certainly intended to be narrative; the development of earth, the evolution and also partly the human development and impact.

Kjell

Kjell,

You should already know by now that I am a fan of yours..but let me praise this latest composition you submitted, too. I' ve been a bit off the forum these days and it has been tough to find some time to dedicate to your work. As already mentioned, it takes some effort and concentration to properly enjoy it... but, yes, it has been absolutely worth to: rich, complex work, very balanced and God knows how difficult it has to be to keep balance with a work of this size.

Always a pleasure to listen to your music.

Fab

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast