• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Memories: Madrid - Rush Hour

Share/Bookmark

Memories: Madrid - Rush Hour

Very fast, very demanding, we rushed thru the streets.

Raymond

https://app.box.com/s/ozm2jn6mwr71hucmjhf7ksh790wrje87

Re: Memories: Madrid - Rush Hour

Raymond,
    the file doesn't exist. Please repost.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Very fast, very demanding, we rushed thru the streets.

Raymond

https://app.box.com/s/ozm2jn6mwr71hucmjhf7ksh790wrje87

Sorry, Raymond. Got this note from the BOX:

This shared file or folder link has been removed. Think it’s a mistake? No worries: Just email the owner or get in touch with Box support. We’re here to help. Meantime, learn more about sharing files on Box – and other features, benefits and solutions – below.

Sorry friends,

don't knwo what happened, but here is the link to the wave file.

https://app.box.com/s/ng7zwqt8dbgtev5zf9k6c58qhhcurfd8

After having caught my breath I must say this is magnificent although it does not feel quite natural with the extremely high tempo the first 1:26 but the tempo change at that moment is really a memorable event as well as the contrasting part thereafter which of course is built up by the first part, very ingenious.
    Thank you, Raymond

Kjell

Good heavens! Quite masterful. It would have been extremely popular in our college piano pedagogy class. There were advanced students that loved works like this. The faster they could get their fingers going the more they liked it. Now, as then, I can only sit in amazement.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    After having caught my breath I must say this is magnificent although it does not feel quite natural with the extremely high tempo the first 1:26 but the tempo change at that moment is really a memorable event as well as the contrasting part thereafter which of course is built up by the first part, very ingenious.
    Thank you, Raymond

Kjell
    Thank you for your comment. At first I had it a bit slower, but then I missed the impact, ginving the impression of really insane trafic along the Avenidas of Madrid. They all rush at full speed from trafic light to trafic light.

For speedy pieces of music (to my surprise also) search for Youtube: Mazeppa by Liszt, played by Trifonov,

Unbelievable? Look at his hands/fingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXGeOHdiHrE

Greetings.

Hello Tom,

thank you for your comment. See the reply at Kjelleman. I played this myself in the past, maybe not as fast as recorded here, but still it was one of my favorites. The original composition was from the early seventies (previous century). I revised it a bit, added more expression to it, corrected the score a bit and enhanced it with a few bars.

You must have been in Madrid, seeing and experiencing the way the traffic rushed thru the Avenidas, from one trafficlight to another. They say the Italians drive like madmen, but those guys from Madrid are even worse.

Greetings and enjoy this weekend,

Raymond

This almost sounds like Trifonoff. (I love his style and sensitivity)
    To me, it is not too fast, it is just right, I wish I could play like this at 1/8 of the speed...
    Magnificent Raymond

TED

Thank you, Ted.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast