• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Mirage (2001)

Share/Bookmark

Re: Mirage (2001)

Simply put, a masterpiece in every way - composition, arrangement, orchestration and, of course, production. Usually when I listen to pieces here, I am trying to think of what to say about them. With this, I just wanted to listen. To soak it in, along with the light from my Winter depression device. It never ceases to amaze me how you get such gorgeous sound from GPO exclusively. Makes me wonder why I've spent so much on more expensive libraries. But your technique is in a class by itself. You don't need anything else.

Reinhold,

Absolutely wonderful!
    I find it very romantic.
    There is no doubt in my mind that you have a very rich background
    from which you can draw out. Together with acquired compositional tools
    you can really shine.
    I'm looking forward to the next movements!

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Simply put, a masterpiece in every way - composition, arrangement, orchestration and, of course, production. Usually when I listen to pieces here, I am trying to think of what to say about them. With this, I just wanted to listen. To soak it in, along with the light from my Winter depression device. It never ceases to amaze me how you get such gorgeous sound from GPO exclusively. Makes me wonder why I've spent so much on more expensive libraries. But your technique is in a class by itself. You don't need anything else.

Thank you, Michael!

Important to using a library like GPO is to "play live" (for microtiming such as note duration, overlap=legato, and slight deviations from the fixed metronom beat) and control the expression CC11 and the velocity appropriately. Then one also has to manage once in a while the odd notes in the libraries - there are some single notes louder than others, which needs to be mitigated, otherwise the music will sound choppy.

But overall GPO is great - these are real instruments, played by real people (during the sampling sessions) - and it is just up to us to let these people make music together

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Reinhold,

Absolutely wonderful!
    I find it very romantic.
    There is no doubt in my mind that you have a very rich background
    from which you can draw out. Together with acquired compositional tools
    you can really shine.
    I'm looking forward to the next movements!

~ Yudit ~

Thank you very much, Yudit, for listening and commenting! I am glad that you like this composition.
    The other two movements are already completed, but I will revise them with GPO5, so that the overall suite is consistent in its sound.

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12