• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mirage (2001)

Share/Bookmark

Mirage (2001)

Dear friends,

I am trying out a new hosting / promotion site: N1M. 3 "songs" can be uploaded for free. Not sure if this is any good - so I tried it out with my recent "Pleasant Memories". Got quite a few plays wihtin one week: more than 200.

https://www.numberonemusic.com/virtu...monicorchestra

Now I am also hosting there the new revised version of "Pleasant Memories".

And I uploded a new recording of "Mirage". I wrote this music in 2001, for the General Midi synth Yamaha MU-80. Now I converted it to GPO5, but still left most of the expression controllers unchanged. Therefore it seems overall a bit loud - I will need to change this eventually.

But I wanted to share this "Mirage" with you anyway - is again based on me starting out with a live improvisation on the keyboard, then I built the accompaniment around it and structured the bits and pieces together.

Re: Mirage (2001)

Does N1M also allow or selling your music on line?

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdbehringer View Post
    Dear friends,

I am trying out a new hosting / promotion site: N1M. 3 "songs" can be uploaded for free. Not sure if this is any good - so I tried it out with my recent "Pleasant Memories". Got quite a few plays wihtin one week: more than 200.

https://www.numberonemusic.com/virtu...monicorchestra

Now I am also hosting there the new revised version of "Pleasant Memories".

And I uploded a new recording of "Mirage". I wrote this music in 2001, for the General Midi synth Yamaha MU-80. Now I converted it to GPO5, but still left most of the expression controllers unchanged. Therefore it seems overall a bit loud - I will need to change this eventually.

But I wanted to share this "Mirage" with you anyway - is again based on me starting out with a live improvisation on the keyboard, then I built the accompaniment around it and structured the bits and pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Does N1M also allow or selling your music on line?
    Hi Tom,

I have not used N1M extensively, am only using the free version. I do not know if one can actually sell music - it seems that this site is more for promoting music and showcasing it. They have something called "Blincoins" which can be "earned" when promoting someone else's music. And once these have been earned, one can spend them on paying for the own promotion. I have not used any of that - am just testing how many listeners one can reach. There seem still to be not very many musicians - so there is a good chance of "climbing in the charts". I'll tell more once I have tried out more features on N1M.

Thanks, Reinhold. Good luck with N1M and keep us advised of your progress.

I'm going to be busy for a couple of weeks. Just received a commission to compose a church dedicatory piece. Those re always fun.

Tom

Promise I am not going to praise your work because it starts to be repetitive.
    When listen to the Memories, V2, then to Mirage, one recent and one is 16 years old, one would tend to compare the two compositions. You have leveled the field by both using GPO5.
    I like both, but the Memories are closer to my heart. I think your development in producing not only good orchestration, but superb melody creation, that is why my romantic (Mahler-y ) heart loves your Memories most. That does not mean any negative feeling about the Mirage, you are showing in it your undeniable future, and some parts of it pure Reinhold already. So, thanks for posting them together, great pleasure this morning.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Thanks, Reinhold. Good luck with N1M and keep us advised of your progress.

I'm going to be busy for a couple of weeks. Just received a commission to compose a church dedicatory piece. Those re always fun.

Tom

Hi Tom,
    Update re N1M: it appears to be a SCAM.

I got suspicious after I received a few messages on that site, from nice looking girls who liked my music. Sounded somewhat fake - and so I did a quick search.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/number...or-you-1278062

So I will NOT use N1M further, especially I will not pay the $99 annual fee which would give me the "right" to sell my music on their site. I may use it for the free hosting of three music recordings - but I may also

There are several more negative articles about N1M on the web - they have been operating already for a few years.
    https://dynamicsplus.wordpress.com/2...sic-is-a-scam/

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Promise I am not going to praise your work because it starts to be repetitive.
    When listen to the Memories, V2, then to Mirage, one recent and one is 16 years old, one would tend to compare the two compositions. You have leveled the field by both using GPO5.
    I like both, but the Memories are closer to my heart. I think your development in producing not only good orchestration, but superb melody creation, that is why my romantic (Mahler-y ) heart loves your Memories most. That does not mean any negative feeling about the Mirage, you are showing in it your undeniable future, and some parts of it pure Reinhold already. So, thanks for posting them together, great pleasure this morning.

Ted
    Thank you, Ted, for listening to both. Mirage is actually the first movement of a three-movement "Romantic Suite" - I will rework the other two movements with GPO5 and then also post them. Yes, I have developed my musical approach a bit further in the past years - is also interesting for myself to listen to these older compositions, and good to see (hear) some progress!

Outstanding! Wunderbar! Sehr gut! I love your bass pedal tones and your sixth chord ending. Really nice writing, Herr Behringer!

The GPO5 sample library contained some realistic sounds and you used them skillfully.

Thanks for sharing.

My best to you.

Larry Alexander

Thanks for the update. I think I will just build my own web site.

In video work I keep running into the same kind of scam including the old bait and switch.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdbehringer View Post
    Hi Tom,
    Update re N1M: it appears to be a SCAM.

I got suspicious after I received a few messages on that site, from nice looking girls who liked my music. Sounded somewhat fake - and so I did a quick search.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/number...or-you-1278062

So I will NOT use N1M further, especially I will not pay the $99 annual fee which would give me the "right" to sell my music on their site. I may use it for the free hosting of three music recordings - but I may also

There are several more negative articles about N1M on the web - they have been operating already for a few years.
    https://dynamicsplus.wordpress.com/2...sic-is-a-scam/

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Outstanding! Wunderbar! Sehr gut! I love your bass pedal tones and your sixth chord ending. Really nice writing, Herr Behringer!

The GPO5 sample library contained some realistic sounds and you used them skillfully.

Thanks for sharing.

My best to you.

Larry Alexander
    Thank you, Larry! I am glad that you like this my music recording/composition.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast