• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Topic: Friends of Garritan Christmas Album 2017 Vol 14

Share/Bookmark

Re: Friends of Garritan Christmas Album 2017 Vol 14

Hello Everyone,

I'm delighted that Paula (drumroll) is joining our project once more.

Paula is deciding on her song and I shall update soon.

Thank you for being part of our tradition this year Paula and I really look forward to hearing your track.

01. Hallelujah (From Handel's Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt
    02. Original Christmas Composition ..... Gary Aubry
    03. I Saw Three Ships ..... Marv Kuehl
    04. We Wish You A Merry Christmas ..... Frank D'Erasmo
    05. Silent Night ..... Jim Hammer
    06. Auf dem Berge da wehet der Wind ...... Reinhold Behringer
    07. Joy To The World ..... Dan Kury
    08. O Little Town Of Bethlehem ..... Kevin Frye
    09. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night ..... Jack Cannon
    10. Original Christmas Composition ..... Fabio Vicentini
    11. Deck The Halls ..... Phillip Cartwright
    12. Song To Be Announced ..... Paula Douglas

For my introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Friends Of Garritan Christmas Celebration 2017 Volume 14 Requirements.

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Smile Re: Friends of Garritan Christmas Album 2017 Vol 14

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post

10. Original Christmas Composition ..... Fabio Vicentini

Michael
    I can disclose the title of my original composition: "Nasce dal cuore."

Looking forward to our incoming Chrstmas, cheers
    Fabio

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for advising your title of "Nasce dal cuore" for your original song at number 10 in the list. I have added this to your entry.

Looking forward to hearing your song.

01. Hallelujah (From Handel's Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt
    10. Nasce dal cuore (Original) ..... Fabio Vicentini

For my introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Michael
    Michael

A little update- family & personal medical issues (now cleared up) kind of got in the way of my plans to have my song completed by early summer this year. What is it that they say about the best intentions???

At any rate, I thought I would drop in long enough to announce that the song is done, the arrangement is being fine tuned, and I am about a half dozen hours away from submission. Currently, it is sitting in Audacity, making seemingly endless runs-through so that the ultimate recording will be properly balanced across the widest possible selection of devices, which at times closely resembles leveling an off-plumb table by taking a saw to one leg.... then another leg..... then another...

(and finally donating the thing to that neighbour who is re-decorating in a traditional Japanese motif.)

Back soon!
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    A little update- family & personal medical issues (now cleared up) kind of got in the way of my plans to have my song completed by early summer this year. What is it that they say about the best intentions???

At any rate, I thought I would drop in long enough to announce that the song is done, the arrangement is being fine tuned, and I am about a half dozen hours away from submission. Currently, it is sitting in Audacity, making seemingly endless runs-through so that the ultimate recording will be properly balanced across the widest possible selection of devices, which at times closely resembles leveling an off-plumb table by taking a saw to one leg.... then another leg..... then another...

(and finally donating the thing to that neighbour who is re-decorating in a traditional Japanese motif.)

Back soon!
    Hello Kevin,

It's great to read that your song is well on its way. Sorry to read of your issues there and pleased things are progressing for you.

My song is also ready to go into my DAW now but like yourself I'm ultra late this year. I've not only changed my notation editor from Finale to Dorico, I'm also in the process of changing my DAW from Sonar to Reaper and the not small learning curve to accompany these. Add a huge life's workload and ...

Anyway, like yourself I'm getting into the action now and everything should be go.

Thanks for updating us, it was great to see you here again and delighted to read you are hours away from completing your song. I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

I'd love to hear from other contributors on how songs are getting on so do please call in and let us know.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael

Hello Everyone,

Pleased to say my song, "Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah" has been sent in.

At one point I thought I wasn't going to make it but after some frenzied activity last week I managed to get it done. It's my first project using the fabulous new Dorico notation program and the superb Reaper DAW.

01. Hallelujah (From Handel's Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt (Sent In)

Michael
    Michael

Michael, I am curious to see how the Dorico/Reaper combo worked (played?) together. I've never tried out Dorico but I do have Reaper installed, tho' I really don't use it much except when live instruments are used (or voices). And I do have one question for you- does Dorico make use of your Garritan libraries? I've invested fairly heavily in Garritan libraries as my base orchestra and if I was to make a move, I would hate to have to throw away that investment as well.

For now, I think I've become reasonably adept at extracting nuance from Finale to a large extent, as I did find the Finale/Reaper combination a little "clunky", but I'm always interested in ways to make things sound better.

Looking forward to listening to your work,

Cheers!
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Hello Everyone,

We have our second song sent in. Kevin Frye has sent us his song 'O Little Town of Bethlehem', number 08 on our list.

Thank you for your song Kevin and for being part of our Christmas project this year.

01. Hallelujah (From Handel's Messiah) ..... Michael Bolt (Sent In)
    08. O Little Town Of Bethlehem ..... Kevin Frye (Sent In)

Michael
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    ..... And I do have one question for you- does Dorico make use of your Garritan libraries? I've invested fairly heavily in Garritan libraries as my base orchestra and if I was to make a move, I would hate to have to throw away that investment as well.
    Hello Kevin,

Absolutely, Dorico works fully with the Garritan ARIA Player so any Garritan library you have installed and loaded in the ARIA Player is there ready for you to use in Dorico ..... including the Garritan Instruments For Finale (GIFF) set.

Understanably, Dorico does do a few things differently including:
    * Using the 64 Bit Multiple Outs ARIA.
    * Using a VST Whitelist to prevent roque VST plugins
    * Uses 'Expression Maps' created by users for instruments to playback wth expresion.

Fortunately, all the above are very easy to implement. I have prepared a few illustrated tutorials with examples and I have emailed you links should you like fuller information.

I would mention, for anyone thinking of Dorico, to check that Dorico does have the features they need as the team are still developing the program. Having said that, they have released four significant updates since I started including one massive upgrade with another update imminent. Also, they still have a half-price offer which they have extended but does have a cut-off date. They are closing the gap rapidly and for many Dorico is now the leading notation program.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael

Hello Everyone,

Well .. it's that time of year again. We have just two weeks and two days for songs to be sent in.

We have two songs sent in and I have heard from four more contributors to say their songs are on their way.

We could do with a few more sent in so if your song is ready do pease email me with a link to your .wav file. If there are any problems do please let me know.

It's going to be another great album and something to look forward to.

Best wishes to everyone.

Michael
    Michael

Go Back to forum
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast