• Register
  • Help

Topic: Keyswitching???

Share/Bookmark

Keyswitching???

I was finally able to switch octaves successfully, shifting then changing the unity note in the sampler tab...thanks Doug and Chadwick. Now, here\'s a really dumb question - keyswitching. Nowhere in the Giga Help does it talk about this, or from what I\'ve found. Let\'s say I have a Fender bass, and in Instrument Editor, on the top left are Keyswitch, FenderF, FenderFA, FenderP and FenderPA. I know that when I select any of the individual fender instruments, such as FenderPA, I have a different sounding fender. I am assuming that somehow, because of keyswitching, I can access any of these four different Fender sounds from my keyboard or through midi when recording. Is this correct, and how do you go about getting the different sounds through keyswitching? Otherwise, one would have to make an entirely new instrument for FenderPA, after the octave shift of course. Can anyone explain to me keyswitching. Sorry for my ignorance, it sounds like a live performance application and I rarely take the time to investigate live applications now that my \'bar-playing days\' are long gone. So, for recording applications, how does this work? Thanks

Re: Keyswitching???

> I was finally able to switch octaves successfully, shifting
    > then changing the unity note in the sampler tab
    > ...thanks Doug and Chadwick

????!!!! All you need to do is change the setting in the Editor options called “retune Samples when dragging”. Then you highlight all the regions and drag them. You don’t need to do anything with Unity notes!!

Re: Keyswitching???

Thanks Bill, that does the trick. A lot simpler than working the unity note in each sample. Can anyone answer my question concerning keyswitching above?

Go Back to forum