• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick Cubase SX Question

Share/Bookmark

Quick Cubase SX Question

When editing midi in Cubase, how do you change the velocity of a note when another note starts at the same time?

In the velocity controller channel the velocity of both notes are superimposed and this sometimes makes it difficult to edit the desired note. My only solution thus far is to move the desired note to an open space on the sequence so I can edit the velocity, then move it back. I think this is an unnecessary waste of time.

Is there a simple answer to this?

Re: Quick Cubase SX Question

Use the List Editor.

Devon

Another way staying in the Key Editor......

Select the Note
    Right Mouse Click (on a PC)
    Select \'Functions\'
    Select \'Velocity\'
    Adjust as you like

Not much quicker than the solution you\'re already using, but I find it comes in handy often.

Steve

Originally posted by Daedalus:
    When editing midi in Cubase, how do you change the velocity of a note when another note starts at the same time?
    Is there a simple answer to this?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Daedalus
    Select the note you want to change then go to the velocity lane (pencil tool), now only the velocity of the selected note will change. If you don\'t select a note then all notes at the time position get changed.

Or...
    select the note and change it in the info bar.

Brian

Thanks guys,

I\'m a Logic user thinking about converting. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Logic just had a velocity tool. This is one of my gripes with Cubase. With all the midi editing I do, this is a major PITA.

you can also set up a \'hot key\' for velocity. Highlight the note hit the hot key and set the lower velocity.

Rob

Go Back to forum