• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Native Instruments Joins G.A.N.G. and Gives Big Member Discounts

Share/Bookmark

Native Instruments Joins G.A.N.G. and Gives Big Member Discounts

I have been in contact with Native Instruments (NI) for the last year and a half, and in particular I wanted to introduce them to G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild) and encourage them to become a sponsor of our organization. I invited Bela of NI to the last E3 and introduced her to everybody, and Bela expressed great interest in joining G.A.N.G. Now a last it has happened, I am happy to say. Here is a note from G.A.N.G.:

\"Native Instruments, the world\'s premier software synthesizer manufacturer, has just joined the GANG as a Sliver Sponsor! And to help celebrate the occasion, their providing GANG members with an amazing discount...

Starting today, Friday, August 15th, GANG members will be able to get 50% OFF all Native Instruments software and merchandise (hardware excluded)!!!

In order to take advantage of this sweet deal...\"

...well, join G.A.N.G. and find out! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] They really have some great stuff: the Kontakt and Kompact sample players, Absynth, and other software. Really really good stuff. If you were looking for a reason to join G.A.N.G., well here it is. Now you can join and get some great NI stuff and actually save money! Can\'t beat that! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Their Website:
    http://www.audiogang.org/

Re: Native Instruments Joins G.A.N.G. and Gives Big Member Discounts

This sounds too good to be true. Does it matter what type of member you are (student, apprentice, associate, professional)? Or will all members receive the discount?

All can get the discount. Go for it!

Be warned though, as usual with GANG, the offers are US specific. As yet, no news from distributers, but a infatic NO is the usual answer [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You guys over there get it so good. Thanks to soundsonline for coming up with a great solution for EWSO though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

MAD-- Get on the GANG BBS and post your problem. You will get a fix or someone will help you out. If not, email one of the board members.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me the advantages of joining GANG?

I have scored for cartoons but never for games yet... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

translation: (what\'s in it for me?)

Thanks!

Well if 50% off Native Instruments is not enough to join G.A.N.G... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ...then perhaps reading some on the site might also help:
    http://www.audiogang.org/
    There are many issues of the protection and advancement of game audio professionals which G.A.N.G. champions. Soon the site will allow showcasing members and their music, and there is also pro information that can only be found there. There is more, but go to the site and do some reading.

Doyle,

I think I allready asked this ages ago, but can\'t find it..

So, please can you explain the following?

\"License and Idea Submission

You agree to grant to G.A.N.G. a fully paid-up, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any Content you submit to the Site by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe. You agree that you shall have no recourse against G.A.N.G. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in any Content you submit to us.\"

thanks

Alex

lex,

That also scared me when I first joined, but Jack Wall assured me it did not mean that any links to music you post on the G.A.N.G. forums becomes their property.

I\'ll have to post over there about that clause though, I don\'t like the way it sounds, and I think some people who read the fine print are scared off by it.

I dont care, I still dont like the way its written.

I cant stand that I\'m assured this by someone\'s word, and then its written so specifically in the contract. I selectively have blocked it out of my mind, which is why I\'m a member.

Go Back to forum