Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: oooohhh! for anime/cg/asian flick fans

Share/Bookmark

oooohhh! for anime/cg/asian flick fans

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://202.212.245.207/mov/trailer480.mov

This jsut looks f\'in cool

Asian flicks jsut seem to be more fun than US big budget crap nowadays.

Re: oooohhh! for anime/cg/asian flick fans

ROCK!!....wow thanks King, I havent even heard of this one. that was pretty dope...have you ever seen Avalon? it was made by some of the people that did Ghost in the Shell....speaking of which....

http://www.innocence-movie.jp/trailer/index.html

yah I\'ve got Avalon here.

Oshii and the Oshii team rock

They did Teh anime sequence in Kill Bill, and did Blood: The last Vampire.

They\'re doind a sequel to GitS BTw, called Innosence I think.

Plus the did/are doing a TV eries based on it, which is supposed to release on DVD soon.

plus all the manga...but I\'m not that big of a manga fan, unless I got to friends houses to read them [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ... and hopefully not spill my drinks on them

doh,

nm, thats what you linked me to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hehe

PAPA, I CANT EDIT MY POSTS!!!

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    doh,

nm, thats what you linked me to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hehe

PAPA, I CANT EDIT MY POSTS!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">yeah...no worries...thats the new Innocence trailer over on that link..(or at least one that I havent seen yet)

And...not that it has anything directly to do with manga, kung fu, or animation...but the ultimate Japanese cinimatic import is finally making its debut here in the US...The Original \"Raymond Burr-Free\" 1954 GODZILLA!!!

Judging from the first trailer, I\'d say that The Matrix has had a pretty seismic effect on Japanese filmmaking too. Filtered, of course, through the usual Mecha/Samurai cultural lens.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Originally posted by Green Red Brownell:
    Judging from the first trailer, I\'d say that The Matrix has had a pretty seismic effect on Japanese filmmaking too. Filtered, of course, through the usual Mecha/Samurai cultural lens.... .
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">more like Japanese (and Hong Kong) filmaking had a pretty seismic effect on the Wachaski Bros, filtered of course through a huge Hollywood budget [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alto of the Matrix is Live action Anime. Thats why it was such pure geek pleasure when it first came out.

In the past 4-5 years there\'s been lot of live action/CG work going on overseas. Much more daring stuff than is being done here. Things like Stormriders, and that freaking school of kids, harry potter but with magic movie.

Whats sad is one of the most daring CG works in the US, was actually done by a japanese company, but it bombed severely. (maybe because it jsut wasn\'t fantastic, maybe because the critics panned it, maybe because it went way over many peoples heads... who knows, I jsut know it could have been better, and maybe thats part of the problem...and the 150million dollar budget [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Americans idea of animation is still \"kids\" and their idea of live action is still somewhat in the \"arnold\" way of doing things.

The matrix did some to change the live action part, but not enough. Now every action movie has to have some sort of lame Hand to Hand combat \"chopsocky\" crap, instead of really trying to put LIVE characters in another world (which is what made the matrix work for me, even tho it was more subtle than something like Casshern).

Of course I dont mean to imply that my tastes are better than most americans [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , I just imply that I\'m a freaking geek.

Tho I know alot of people will agree with me when I say that most americans will take what they are fed, if its shoved down there throat enough.

Same with the freaking bollywood world...how many times can that society watch the same movie over and over? Man falls for girl, girl has rich parents, and mean boyfriend she really doesn\'t want. Parents dont like man, they all sing and dance about it, there\'s a motorcycle/car scene, either someone dies, or no one dies, but someone atleast gets punched or slapped, and then they sing and dance again, man and girl get together, the end... end credits sing and dance routine, or sappy song. Rinse, recycle, repeat. (my mom ruined me on bollywood)

Wow.. the trailers look awesome. Will we see an English subbed version available? When is the movie coming out? Too bad the web site (casshern.com) is in Japanese. But IMDB doesn\'t show any entries for the movie.

NEED..MORE.. INFO!!

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Wow.. the trailers look awesome. Will we see an English subbed version available? When is the movie coming out? Too bad the web site (casshern.com) is in Japanese. But IMDB doesn\'t show any entries for the movie.

NEED..MORE.. INFO!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That looks fantastic, like Sam says, we need more info... King?

Brian

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast