• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Compositional techniques that influenced you?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Compositional techniques that influenced you?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I\'ve always loved Danny Elfman\'s descending orchestra technique.

Yes , I also have been influenced by Tchaikovsky a lot - for me he“s simply the best orquestrator this world have ever seen.

Hey brewick , did you mock up the \"Swan Lake no.1 Scene\"???...I did...using the same library!!!

That\'s a recording - I wouldn\'t have the patience (or skill) to mock up a track like that. I used to have a superb recording of the Swan Lake finale but have misplaced it since.

No no , I know this is a recording , I asked you because I thougth you were moking up Swan Lake , as it“s one of the most modern and efficent way to study orquestration...

I also love Elfman\'s use of low instruments and dissonance... A perfect example of that

The first time I heard \"Dafne e Cloé , suite no.2\" by Ravel I couldn“t believe it. It“s so beautiful - one of the best orquestrations... the choir in \"of stage\" makes it even greater. Those that know the score know what I“m talking about - if you never heard it - it“s worth listening to it , I“m sure you“l learn a lot [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Unfortunately I don“t have any link!!!

Compositional techniques that influenced you?

Evening all, thought this might be an interesting topic to start... What compositional techniques influenced you when you first became interested in music? For me, one that springs to mind is a technique that Tschaikovsky used in the Finale in Swan Lake: http://www.dougberwick.com/swanlake_finale.mp3 (the sudden change where the orchestra plays on without the heavy brass with the strings in octaves, and the sound of the lone timp to mark the change).

May I question what is \"orquestration\"? Hopefully nothing near to castration... As it was mentioned several times in this thread... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Scheherazade from Rimsky-Korsakov is a Jewel.

SergeD

Originally posted by PolarBear:
    May I question what is \"orquestration\"? Hopefully nothing near to castration... As it was mentioned several times in this thread... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s somewhat like Orchestration, except the ideas and methods you use are so edgy, brave and new that it\'s considered more like an epic journey or \'quest\' of orchestration... hence orquestration.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast