• Register
  • Help

Topic: Try to be objective, don't delete this post...

Share/Bookmark

Try to be objective, don\'t delete this post...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I find that S***n \"lol\" made a critic full of humour and justified in (my opinion).
    It is true that it could be developed in a more objective way, but it\'s an other story.

Simon could said: without my french accent....

Bela, I know how difficult it is to build a solo voice library.
    The singer has a splendid voice, and a very beautiful vibrato. But the human voice, as solo violin, or sax,
    in my opinion cannot be sampled without to feel a quick weariness.
    Even if this vibrato is the most beautiful of the world, the repetition process kill him at the 3rd listening.

But...

What I find unacceptable here, that some customer\'s like Bela D or other\'s,
    that I respect for their work, has the right to delete a post which disturb
    them because they don\'t like criticism, thus removing any possibility of dialogue,
    even if this dialog start with an humorous post.

It\'s a dictatorial attitude.

If I am here, it is because the idea of the forum.
    It\'s capital for the health and the freespeaking of a forum, that it does not have to undergo pressures of vip.

This is called \"basic democracy\",

And if this forum cannot be objective what is the goal of this ? complacency ?

I know that I do not take part much in the discussions, because my english is not very good and I am sorry.
    But is too much for me...
    I like this forum and it\'s the reason that I whrite this post.

PS My precedent post was deleted [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

sorry for my bad english

Phil

Re: Try to be objective, don\'t delete this post...

HI Phil,

Originally posted by Philippe Heritier:
    It\'s a dictatorial attitude.

If I am here, it is because the idea of the forum.
    It\'s capital for the health and the freespeaking of a forum, that it does not have to undergo pressures of vip.

This is called \"basic democracy\",
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">With all due respect. I do not know what you originally posted that was deleted. However, you\'re missing something here and that is that these forums are moderated. I do not believe that they are being moderated in a \"dictatorial\" role here.

For the most part, I\'ve felt that the moderators are fair. What most people who posted on the other thread had a problem with was that it was worded without any respect for the creator of that sample library or demo. Essentially it was insulting and mean-spirited.

The moderators basically only get involved (and delete posts) when someone is being attacked personally or when a thread gets out of hand.

I respect your feelings on this particular issue and, without knowing what you posted that was deleted, I cannot comment on that particular post.

Being objective and honest is fine. That can be done while still being respectful, kind and constructive. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

FV

p.s. - No need to apologize for your English. It is easy to understand and much better than my French. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

FV

you\'re missing something here and that is that these forums are moderated. I do not believe that they are being moderated in a \"dictatorial\" role here

it\'s not a very moderated act to ban somebody for some more and less good or bad jokes and to delete the post which proposes of unban him...

Check the \"Off Topic\" area, which is where I think the owners of the board would prefer this type of discussion to tak eplace, as it really has nothing to do with Sample Libraries directly.

The \"banned\" and \"Unban\" posts and such are there now, and certain ones are locked.

Phillipe - you\'re walking into a football match in the last period and witness the red card and an ejection - and wonder what went wrong. The player you watched for :30 just did an agressive sweep/tackle that happened to cleat someone streaking down the sideline. Surely it was worth a yellow, but not a red and an ejection...

You were\'re here for the entire game. Simon has been systematically haranguing Frank Belardino and other developers to various degrees - for no apparent reason. He has contributed nothing substantial in any thread that I\'ve seen for some time. He stopped doing anything constructive here a long time ago.

This isn\'t a democracy - this is a private forum that is run by Northernsounds. Check the agreement you made when you signed up here.

Check the \"Off Topic\" area, which is where I think the owners of the board would prefer this type of discussion to tak eplace

I apology... I didn\'t know that there was a special place for discidents

He has contributed nothing substantial in any thread that I\'ve seen for some time. He stopped doing anything constructive here a long time ago.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Finally I found someone that have the same impression than me!!!

Originally posted by Philippe Heritier:
    Check the \"Off Topic\" area, which is where I think the owners of the board would prefer this type of discussion to tak eplace

I apology... I didn\'t know that there was a special place for discidents
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I NEVER said anything derogatory; I was simply trying to point out that if it doesnt have to do with what a specific area of the forum was created for, and there is no specific section pertaining to it, maybe it belongs in the \"Off Topic\" area. Sorry if it offended you in some way to have someone point this out. Then again, I can understand how you may have felt singled out by the coment, since it appears you are not alone in realizing the \"Off Topic\" section exists.

No problem Nik you didn\'t offend me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum