• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help I have A Young Daughter!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Help I have A Young Daughter!!!!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Excuse me but not being very internet savy I need your help. I have a nine your old daughter who loves playing on-line games and the like. However she accidentally typed in the wrong address last night and got the shock of her life. I am running os9 with Internet Explorer V5. Is there anything I can do to block sites without Knowing what they are.

Many Thanks

ed [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Help I have A Young Daughter!!!!!!!

Cyberpatrol is a pretty popular internet filter that will block most sites that parents don\'t want their kids going to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

HERE\'S A LINK

I also have a 9-year-old daughter, and it\'s a real problem. A couple of years ago she needed pictures of fruit for a school project, so my wife and I put in \"melon.\"

Of course the first picture that came up in the search was a pair of huge melons with some pretty gross hardcore stuff going on beneath them. Fortunately my daughter wasn\'t there, but it was a real eye-opener.

Now, I\'m extremely liberal, but little girls aren\'t supposed to have to process stuff like that.

Cyberpatrol is only for Windows.

hi Ed

the new Zone Alarm Pro comes with web filtering
    it might serve your needs

cheers

Make it so that a password is needed to EVEN OPEN your web browser.

Let us know what OS and version of your internet browser (I assume it\'s Explorer) you\'re using and either I or someone here will tell you how to do this.

It\'s pretty easy.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum