• Register
  • Help

Topic: Variax by Line 6

Share/Bookmark

Variax by Line 6

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Any guitarists here use a Variax? Any opinions about it\'s guitar modelling capabilities? Do the acoustic guitars sound realistic?

Re: Variax by Line 6

Any guitarists here use a Variax? Any opinions about it\'s guitar modelling capabilities? Do the acoustic guitars sound realistic?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve got a Variax. Overall it\'s really quite remarkable. The electric models are dead on. The Ric 12 string electrics sound a little \"electronically transposed\", but in a track they really do work well.

The acoustic guitar models sound every bit as good as an acoustic recorded through a pick-up. It won\'t replace a good sounding acoustic recorded with microphones though.

Interestingly enough, the banjo is VERY convincing (and we all need a convincing banjo on a daily basis! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ). The resonator guitars are good as well, and the coral sitar is worth the price of admission alone.

Yes, you can tell I really like this guitar. My choice to buy it was based on the fact that a good guitar generally sells in the $1000 and up price point. If I got 2 or 3 useable sounds out of it, it would have paid for itself. I got a LOT more then 2 or 3 sounds.

And...the Variax PLAYS very nice. They really did their homework on the feel of the instrument.

Re: Variax by Line 6

Thanks for that feedback.

I agree, if a person can find two or three usable sounds out of this \'guitar\' then it\'s worth $1000 and more.

I\'ve always been impressed with their POD. So, it would seem they would also shine on this variax. I know that when I bought a zoom modelling pedal, I found some usable sounds but the acoustic stuff really stunk. I mean, it had its own sound but it wasn\'t an acoustic guitar by any means.

Also, thanks for the response on the feel of the guitar. I was wonder about that as well (i.e. could this amp company actually build an axe?). When i get back to the States I\'ll have to go and try it out.

Go Back to forum