***Advertisments***
    Does anybody have Variax Line 6?

ALex

Re: variax line 6?

lex,

I do. What would you like to know?

Hey cool.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How good is it...what sounds do you like on it?
    Does it work well with POD 2.0 ?

thanks in advance.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

lex,

sorry it\'s taken so long to post back.

As far as what sounds are my favorite, it\'s hard to say. They\'re all quite good, although the Rickenbauker 12 string sounds a little fake by themselves, but in a track can work well, particularly for single note riffs. Generally all the electrics are extremely good. I really haven\'t found a dog in the bunch.

The acoustic models are really good to, for what they are. No, they won\'t replace a well recorded acoustic, but they sound every bit as good as any pick-up I\'ve heard.

The real fun starts with the resonator guitars, The tenor banjo is downright amazing, and the sitar will have you playing all those Beatle songs again!

I guess you can tell I dig this thing. My reasoning was any decent guitar is usually around $1000 or more anyhow, so if I got 2 or 3 models that I actually used, it would more than pay for itself. I\'ve used way more than that on album projects recentley.

I highly recommend it. No, it won\'t replace all the real guitars, but it will enhance your collection. And you\'ll find yourself playing a lot for \"fun\". Remeber what that was like?!!

Oh yea, it will work great with the POD. I have a POD-pro and the new PODXT.

Go Back to forum