• Register
  • Help

Topic: MAC question

Share/Bookmark

MAC question

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hello all. I was recently promted for an OSX update, and gladly obliged. Then OSX decided that it had no use for my mouse and will not let it work. Now, my MAC is just a big hunk of useless plastic and metal. Has anyone ever had this problem? Should I just do what I\'ve been dying to do and smash it with a sledgehammer?

Re: MAC question

Originally posted by vaultcomplex:
    Hello all. I was recently promted for an OSX update, and gladly obliged. Then OSX decided that it had no use for my mouse and will not let it work. Now, my MAC is just a big hunk of useless plastic and metal. Has anyone ever had this problem? Should I just do what I\'ve been dying to do and smash it with a sledgehammer?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are you using the original Mac mouse? Just stating the obvious.. try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Try plugging it into a different USB port. Try a different mouse.

I installed OSX two weeks ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see that not only did it recognize my MS Intellimouse off the bat, the scroll wheel and right mouse button are now functional. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by vaultcomplex:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If the update was 10.2.5 there are known problems with USB. 10.2.6 has just been posted which is supposed to fix these.

right mouse button are now functional
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You mean Mac users now have right-click on their mouse?? What\'s the world coming to? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Yes, just click on the update to 10.2.6 with your mouse.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">BWAHAHAHAHA Good one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

SOrry I\'m in a cheeky mood this morning. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">right mouse button are now functional
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You mean Mac users now have right-click on their mouse?? What\'s the world coming to? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Yes, just click on the update to 10.2.6 with your mouse.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">BWAHAHAHAHA Good one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

SOrry I\'m in a cheeky mood this morning. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, being a new Mac user (No, I didn\'t switch, I still have 4 PC\'s, and my gf\'s bringing a 5th in this week), I was impressed by the right-click functionality doing what (as a Windows user, I think) it should. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for the updates, yeah, if you can navigate to it with the keyboard, go for it, it can\'t hurt. You\'ll also want to do the complete update, not in parts. I\'ve been reading on Mac Forums that that usually works best.

I couldn\'t get any mouse to work, and I couldn\'t figure out any keyboard shortcuts to navigate menus, so I had to install OSX on my 2nd hard drive, then format the main drive, then install OSX on that one. Talk about annoying. Remind me again why MACs are \"better?\"

Now, can anyone figure out how to get OSX off my 2nd drive? The mystery continues...

Go Back to forum