• Register
  • Help

Topic: Movie score sheets revisited: where to buy?

Share/Bookmark

Movie score sheets revisited: where to buy?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    OK, I\'m sure you\'re all sick of hearing this from me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just for the life of me cannot find a decent place to get sheet music for movie scores. I plan on doing some demos for some sample developers, but cannot do so because some of these pieces are just too complex to analyze by ear.

I don\'t want to reveal which pieces I\'m looking for publically, at this point, but I need some place where I can buy sheet music for movie scores.. anything from current stuff back to 1990, for example. It doesn\'t need to be an online store.. I\'m not that much of a technophile that I won\'t pick up the phone and place an order. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks, guys.. and sorry for the pestering.

Re: Movie score sheets revisited: where to buy?

Sam have you checked out Truespec web site? lots of Williams stuff.

truespec scores I\'ll try to find my other fav site that carries them.

Seth

From what I know, you can not *buy* sheet music scores for films. You may rent them, at a high cost, but I do not believe you can purchase them at all (however, there are a few exceptions). Granted, you can buy the arranged and re-worked versions that are sold to most symphony orchestras, but as to the original scores I do not believe it is possible to ouright buy them.

Luck\'s Music Library (http://www.lucksmusic.net/), last I checked, had a good and extensive selection of said items. Other than that I honestly don\'t know (J. W. Pepper -- don\'t know the site -- is a good alternation, but its main selection is wind ensembles and bands). Sorry [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

That\'s ok, arranged versions are close enough, right?

And please, no Williams stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'m looking for other works to do demos of. Like Goldenthal.

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    That\'s ok, arranged versions are close enough, right?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ya, just some harmonic fleshing out and some doubling in some cases from what I understand.

The Williams Study Scores seem to be very accurate, generally. Sometimes you find an instrument playing on the soundtrack which isnt on the score, like a few harp notes or smth, but it\'s not a big deal. But ok.. You\'re looking for anything but Williams - but Williams seems to be more or less what is available.

Go Back to forum