• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Tears of the Sun

Share/Bookmark

Tears of the Sun

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just got back from Bruce Willis\' latest flick with music by Hans Zimmer. I have to say that I really liked the movie and thought Hans did an amazing job with the music. Great sound and nice melding of 2 styles throughout the entire film. Melodically nothing new, but a great supporting score. Somehow the concept of military bravery has become a very American concept in Hollywood. I am not immune to the emotions that a film like this stirs. It is truly a shame that our government has been on the wrong side, 9 times out of 10, in these types of conflicts over the past 50 years. If this movie was reality, the US would be supporting the murdering guerillas and not the democratic government. War is coming soon. Look deeper.

Re: Tears of the Sun

Nick, you almost sound like an european.. most americans seems to defend the US government no matter what..

Havent seen the movie yet but I hope for big and bombastic true MV sound.. simple but big themes.. and yeah, the old Zimmer style that almost all of us like, hehe.

/Tobias

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    ...It is truly a shame that our government has been on the wrong side, 9 times out of 10, in these types of conflicts over the past 50 years.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Name the 9 out of 10 times please.

This is off-topic, but what the heck.
    Im soooo tired of hollywood movies nowadays.. Somehow they wanna show us wars with honor in it.. I was doing research for a history essay and I talked to veterans from WWI, WWII and The Gulf War.. Three wars fought with completely different methods.. Nevertheless, all of them said the same thing..

Quote: Do not talk about war like something with pride and honor, because there was none. End Quote.

Interesting fact: Often when a country talks about their military history, they only talk about the times they failed.. Why is that?
    I dont know how many movies thats been made about the Vietnam war, but its gotta be alot.. But how many movies has been made about The Gulf War??

Am I way off here..
    Btw, im not american

well, except for Mel Gibson war movies, which is the same \"pride and honor(FREEDOM!)\" cheez scripts, just insert different time and place (braveheart, the patriot)

most war movies in the past 15 years or so tends to focus on the grim negative impact of war has on a person. I don\'t recall a positive pride and honor on the vietnam war.... it took hollywood years before they did vietnam movies. I don\'t think a glorious movie on veitnam would go over good. pride and honor was not what I felt when adagio for strings kicked in Platoon.
    I recall there was a movie on the gulf war (can\'t remember the title) that dealt with the negative impact friendly fire had on a person.

Maybe it\'s just me, but I don\'t recall a glorious \"pride and honor\" war movie in the last 20 to 30 years....
    What war movies are you referring to?

Aaron Dirk

Originally posted by ngstime:
    I recall there was a movie on the gulf war (can\'t remember the title) that dealt with the negative impact friendly fire had on a person.

Aaron Dirk
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Courage Under Fire prolly? Good flick.

I thought the music was just standard Zimmer, a decent job, but maybe even subpar at some times (especially when you would take out that talented African singer)... but I really like his work in general. Sound quality was good as usual with MV productions.

The last movie score I really enjoyed was \"One hour photo\" by Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek.

Wonderfully spoken Nick.

Sometimes I really wonder - who is actually the dictator and who is actually living under dictatorship. I mean. Iraq has one dictator and no obvious counterparties. US has 2 parties (so many choices!) - but in the end it doesnt matter.

Because:

1. In US its allowed to have an animal (primate/chimp) for president.

2. In US you will be elected dictator. Even though your competitor (Gore) has over 500.000 more personal votes then yourself.

3. In US you can be the only country ever to throw a nuke and still blame others for planning on doing it.

4. In US you can win a lawsuit for putting your puddle in a microwave.

5. In US you can kill your wife and still leave the courtroom because you were actually not awake, while commiting the crime.

I love US. Its just such an amazing blend of paradoxes and possibilities. US is the most potential tragic-comic invention ever made - and none the less - I love it all.

Love - Chris

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Wonderfully spoken Nick.

Sometimes I really wonder - who is actually the dictator and who is actually living under dictatorship. I mean. Iraq has one dictator and no obvious counterparties. US has 2 parties (so many choices!) - but in the end it doesnt matter.

Because:

1. In US its allowed to have an animal (primate/chimp) for president.

2. In US you will be elected dictator. Even though your competitor (Gore) has over 500.000 more personal votes then yourself.

3. In US you can be the only country ever to throw a nuke and still blame others for planning on doing it.

4. In US you can win a lawsuit for putting your puddle in a microwave.

5. In US you can kill your wife and still leave the courtroom because you were actually not awake, while commiting the crime.

I love US. Its just such an amazing blend of paradoxes and possibilities. US is the most potential tragic-comic invention ever made - and none the less - I love it all.

Love - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Or, you could go live in Iraq, where you will be killed for what you just said (had it been directed to the Iraqi government of course).

I just bought a new cellphone. Ericsson P800 - cell and palm in one. In the manual it says:

\"... this electronical device is not to be used or distributed in the following countries: \"Syria, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Libya...\"

Why? Because they are regarded as \"enemys of the state\" I presume. My manual doesnt say why and dont give any reason for why I should not use it in these countries.

Anyway. Vault. How do you know? Have you been to Iraq? Do you have any other understanding of Iraquish culture then what you have heard in the news?

I am pretty sure its not nice down there, however I dont really know what Iraq is about. All I know is what I have seen on the television and read in newspapers. Call me naive. But I wouldnt dare commenting on whats true or not down there. I need documentation - and so far I have seen none.

Anyway

Anyway. I dont have beard enough to grow those fat mustache snails those dudes have. I simply wouldnt make it in Iraq.

Love - Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast