• Register
  • Help

Topic: is this little wind theme original, or not?

Share/Bookmark

Re: is this little wind theme original, or not?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well, this isn\'t a typical theme. It\'s more accompaniment figure. Of course you hear arpeggios in most pieces, so there\'s really nobody who can claim that this and that arpeggio is his \"property\".

You are fine, just use it if you want to.

Anyway, I think I heard something similar in the Starwars Intro. But like I said, nobody can claim ownership on arpeggios. J. Williams probably heard his arpeggios in someone work.

I tend to agree with you falcon. My main concern was coming from the fact that as the piece starts with these arpeggios, my first thought was ..\"hey,wait, I┤ve heard this somewhere else\". But yeah, as you said, it┤s probably quite a common resort.

Actually it┤s not the main theme, but it┤s very important because it conveys the \"underwater\" feeling I need for the piece.

EDIT: Checked SW Main Title...not there. Similar stuff (way better actually,lol...as expected) but not that close.

is this little wind theme original, or not?

Hi people. I┤m writting some new stuff, but the winds theme for one of my compositions reminds me to something already done, though I┤m not totally sure. It could also be a frequent use of winds and so sound familiar even not being specifically made somewhere else.

Anyway, I checked all the classical works and soundtracks where I thought I could have heard this, but it was never the same stuff...yeah, similar but not the same. I would like to be sure I┤m not copying someone else.

Check it here

Thankie.

hey [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] sounds a little like the ET theme to me but still original enough.

Just by adding a counter bass line (counter punctual as well) this theme would take on a whole different feel (not that you are asking but I hear a cello and solo horn play a counter to this). I say stick with it. It has that \'magically\' thing going. Sounds good.

Rob

I don┤t think that┤s exactly what I┤m doing with it, but your opinion is much appreciated Rob.

I will definitely stick with it.

The most similar thing I┤ve found is one of Bernard Herrmann┤s themes on Vertigo, but again is marginally different.

Go Back to forum