• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cafe Dies

Share/Bookmark

Cafe Dies

Cafe Dies

This is based on the notes C A F E D I E S. There are some brief references to Dies Irae, a favorite theme of mine.

GPO Organ. About 3 minutes.

Richard

Re: Cafe Dies

If that doesn't get the spirit moving I don't know what will. Bravo! Your chord progressions fascinate me.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    If that doesn't get the spirit moving I don't know what will. Bravo! Your chord progressions fascinate me.

Tom
    Well, thank you Tom. I have to admit credit or guilt for the progressions, as they are strictly my own.

I have another nearly ready to go that might make this one seem like Brahm's Lullaby! And yet one more started that I hope will overshadow both. Then I will return to the piano again. I have long wanted to do my variations on that Paganini Caprice. Then again, it could be loads of fun on the organ, so?

I just noticed that you live in ND. My mother was born in Fargo, which is why I wrote my Fargo Fugue.

Richard

Richard,

It does sound like one of your more traditional pieces but it still has my mind scrambling to keep up with all the changes and such.

So you've discovered the I and S notes? I suppose your not going to share your discovery except with your compositions.

Thanks for posting this.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Richard,

It does sound like one of your more traditional pieces but it still has my mind scrambling to keep up with all the changes and such.

So you've discovered the I and S notes? I suppose your not going to share your discovery except with your compositions.

Thanks for posting this.

Phil
    Interesting point. I guess I could have made things clearer, but it would not be as much fun. Actually, I was probably half asleep when I posted. I use bit of the Dies Irae now and then because it is such a grand melody.

Richard

Go Back to forum