• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm composing my first soundtrack and need to upgrade from Logic X's default sounds!

Share/Bookmark

I'm composing my first soundtrack and need to upgrade from Logic X's default sounds!

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, if it has it would be great if someone gave me a link!

I'm writing my first soundtrack for an 3D adventure RPG game and the music would much benefit from a upgrade in my sounds. I was mainly looking for an orchestral sound library. These sounds will be in the finished product.
    Ones that crossed my mind were Garritans Personal Orchestra, although the sounds weren't as good and I'm unsure as whether they'll sound good in the finished track. Another library which I looked into was EW/QLSO Silver/Gold, the sounds are more realistic but was put off by the limited mic positions.
    I am a music student so budget is fairly tight, but I could stretch a bit.
    So either a completely new suggestion or pros and cons of those would be great help.
    I've also began to look into 8dio's string section.
    It'll be my first sound library so I am slightly nervous about splashing out the cash on something I'm unsure on.

Thanks for you help!
    -C

Re: I'm composing my first soundtrack and need to upgrade from Logic X's default soun

Another option is Vienna Special Edition 1. A complete orchestra like the other two. In general, the sounds are superior, but the articulations are more limited. However, you can upgrade later to Edition 2 and get more articulations.

I use a combination of GPO, EWSO Gold and Vienna SP1, plus some sounds from Sonar, my DAW. None of them has all the sounds I need, but together I do ok, although never really satisfied. you always have to keep in mind that it will never be as good as real players!

Good luck and choose wisely!

Go Back to forum