• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bude Večer

Share/Bookmark

Wink Bude Večer

Dear friends,

Here is my youngest piece, commissioned by a Flemish choir for an exchange project with a Czech choir and symphonic orchestra. They will perform next autumn two compositions: Running Waters and Bude Večer, together with a number of Flemish and Czech folk songs.
    This one was specially written for that occasion. The Czech choir and orchestra are planning some concerts in the Czech Republic as well.

Bude Večer is an evening song that breaths rest and peace. I've inserted two own themes (some kind of waltz and a meditative cello solo with bassoon). All the instruments are VSL, except the choir (Kontakt 5 mixed choir).

Bude Večer

Enjoy the listen!

Max

Re: Bude Večer

A great piece Max! Haven't heard any of your tunes in a while. I found this to be nice and uplifting! Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Dear friends,

Here is my youngest piece, commissioned by a Flemish choir for an exchange project with a Czech choir and symphonic orchestra. They will perform next autumn two compositions: Running Waters and Bude Večer, together with a number of Flemish and Czech folk songs.
    This one was specially written for that occasion. The Czech choir and orchestra are planning some concerts in the Czech Republic as well.

Bude Večer is an evening song that breaths rest and peace. I've inserted two own themes (some kind of waltz and a meditative cello solo with bassoon). All the instruments are VSL, except the choir (Kontakt 5 mixed choir).

Bude Večer

Enjoy the listen!

Max
    Very very effective and clearly written with the singers in mind. So often we hear choral pieces with the sopranos in a range that would easily shatter glass. The form is simple yet elegant - it is bound to be a concert favorite.

Tom

Thanks Richard and Tom.

It was ordered by a local choir. That's why I had the skills of that choir in mind. A Slovak choir will participate as well, but I have no idea about their qualities. The orchestra will be Slovak as well, so I had to be a little prudent in the orchestration. And it is an evening song, so no daring runs and rhythms ...

All the best,
    Max

Of course I liked Bude Vecer. On my Father side this should be atavistic for me. I loved your additions to the main song and your arrangement.
    Still, I love your running water as the best. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they will perform both.
    Hope you'll be there?!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Of course I liked Bude Vecer. On my Father side this should be atavistic for me. I loved your additions to the main song and your arrangement.
    Still, I love your running water as the best. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they will perform both.
    Hope you'll be there?!

Ted

Of course Ted, I will be there, at least when it is in Flanders. The Czech performances are a bit too far away...

Thanks for listening,
    Max

Max,

I listened to the original folk song on YouTube. You took a simple but pretty folk melody and really ran with it making it your own.

I enjoyed it immensely.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

It is meant for a live performance soon (in November). There are many popular versions out there, but I wanted to make it my own: choir harmony and two extra themes. There is a solo passage as well in it, but since I don't have good solo voices, I had it sung by a choir voice.

Thanks for passing by,
    Max

Go Back to forum