• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: W. A. Mozart: Piano Sonata KV497 I. Allegro - for Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Re: W. A. Mozart: Piano Sonata KV497 I. Allegro - for Orchestra

Dear Jos,

thank you again for your thoughtful considerations. The "mess" at this passage 2:58 came through the legato surs in the violins here. I took these surs now away and I think it is clearer now. Would you agree?

But the volume I didn't want to reduce here and this development passage is not meant as "light" at all. For me this passage is breathtaking and powerful reaching to Beethoven and beyond! Also the piano version here is really wild revolutionary here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9BoUVO9ysI (5:30 ...)

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

I enjoyed your arrangement of Mozart’s piano piece for four hands. I wonder how Mozart came about developing this for four hands. Did he envision it in his mind first or could he have possibly started composing it for two hands with accompaniment and it developed into something else. I would imagine it was the former.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Gerd,

I enjoyed your arrangement of Mozart’s piano piece for four hands. I wonder how Mozart came about developing this for four hands. Did he envision it in his mind first or could he have possibly started composing it for two hands with accompaniment and it developed into something else. I would imagine it was the former.

Phil
    Hi fastlane,
    I am certain that Mozart envisioned this work for 4 hands from the beginning. He had written at leat 2 sonatas of this kind before. At least the 1st movement has almost symphonic dimensions which hardly can realised as a normal piano sonata

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

This version is indeed a lot better. BTW: with 'lighter' I didn't exactly mean less volume or more careful. I meant more playful with jumping bows (short, but distinct attacks with resonance). I guess the library you've used doesn't provide such a sound and a pure staccato would be too aggressive. But here your intentions are clear and well audible. It's a lot more Mozart-like.
    Again, a terrific job and a beautiful orchestration. The master would be pleased with this orchestral approach, I'm sure!

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12