Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ????

Share/Bookmark

????

Where did everyone go?

Re: ????

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Where did everyone go?
    That is a question I ask myself daily, especially after looking in here.

Richard

Not much on the other site either. I know there are composers out there - but it seems that unless a site specializes in their preferred genre they're not interested.

Smile Re: ????

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    Surely do wish that I could have. Heck, I even put my name I for the one-way Mars trip. Didn't get picked for that either.

Oh well, back to reality.

Hi Friends,

Glad to at least see Tom and Richard still around these parts!

I know others have been here too, but yes, not all that much activity here this year. I stop by now and again to keep an eye on things, but except for signing on for an arrangement reservation for this year's Christmas CD, it's usually just for a quick peek.

I've had my hands full (happily!! ) creating original arrangements and orchestrations for a local musical, which also entails musical direction and creating all the backing tracks that live singers will perform to. It's nearly 100% Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, GAS, with just a little added percussion from Session Drummer and Dimension Pro. It's 16 songs, and when you add in all the utilities, dance arrangements, etc., it's a lot of music to produce in a relatively short time.

Shows are in late April, and after a short, live, audio gig in early May for a grade school musical, I hope to relax and spend more time back at this wonderful forum. Hopefully then I can share a few of the charts I'm doing.

That's the longest break I took this week, so back to work for me!

Regards,

Frank

EJR: Loved listening to your link! ... always loved that tune; wistful lyrics, pretty music. Thanks for sharing!

Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

I'm here... a little busy right now with a sports contest that should see our local rink win 100K in upgrades for it's hockey facility, and when I have a minute, working on three music projects:

• The new Christmas tune, which has become something of an earworm that must be freed.
    • A Christmas Pantomime version of Cinderella that I am co-writing with a friend, and
    • My long-delayed oratorio... still plodding along.

But I check in daily.

Really, I do.
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

My latest distraction that happened last Wednesday.

I was just coming back from the local quick stop with a energy bar for a hike the next day. I was stopped, waiting for traffic to turn back into the development and a person driving a Jeep Cherokee who was apparently on auto pilot got me good. I opted for the officer to file a report. The person who hit me brazenly scolded me for causing them to get a citation. Sheesh!

I've suffered some whiplash and my left arm is sore. I’m going to a doctor tomorrow morning to get checked out.

Maybe I'll just drive my 3/4 ton 4X4 Dodge for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    My latest distraction that happened last Wednesday.

I was just coming back from the local quick stop with a energy bar for a hike the next day. I was stopped, waiting for traffic to turn back into the development and a person driving a Jeep Cherokee who was apparently on auto pilot got me good. I opted for the officer to file a report. The person who hit me brazenly scolded me for causing them to get a citation. Sheesh!

I've suffered some whiplash and my left arm is sore. I’m going to a doctor tomorrow morning to get checked out.

Maybe I'll just drive my 3/4 ton 4X4 Dodge for a while.
    Scolded you for calling the police? How old was this Looney Tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Scolded you for calling the police? How old was this Looney Tune?
    Well, I was stopped at a red light in San Francisco, facing downhill. I was rear ended and the other driver accused me of releasing my brake and coasting uphill into her.

While driving on an interstate highway, I was rear ended by a very fast moving car, his doors popped open, and he accelerated out of sight, even though my powerful Dodge engine rapidly surged to 100 mph. I backed off, took the nearest exit, and called the Highway Patrol. The other driver had called first and reported that he was hit by a car driving the wrong way on the freeway. Pointing to the damage of the rear of my vehicle, bearing his paint resolved the dispute rather
    quickly.

There are others I could mention, but the point is already made, I think.

Phil, you ought to see a doctor as soon as practical. Some injuries may not be readily apparent, and a checkup is highly advisable.

Richard

Go Back to forum