• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sound Cloud ... Cloud Sound ... Sound Clown ... Clown Around ... Monty Clown ...?

Share/Bookmark

Red face Sound Cloud ... Cloud Sound ... Sound Clown ... Clown Around ... Monty Clown ...?

How does Sound Cloud woik? I have this need to share on the forum mum mum ... Don't worry, it's only a flesh wound.
    So, Hemming-way ... Ezz one to purchase time on Sound Cloud or just a few bus tokens? Wait ... my fire pager just went off ... EMS call. Man down ... no wait, he's up ... Wait, no ... he's down, wait! Come on!
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE FIRE HOSE!

If you would sir ... I'm Styxx, the small and meek.

Ah, where was I going with this? Oh, yeah .... Sound Cloud and the Listening Rrrrrrrooommk. How does that work?

Please leave intelligent answers and stop clowning around with that Sound ... ya clown!
    Styxx

Re: Sound Cloud ... Cloud Sound ... Sound Clown ... Clown Around ... Monty Clown ...?

I don't know about cloud - after a friend of mine lost virtually (no pun intended) to the cloud, I decided to stay with Box. https://app.box.com/files

Re: Sound Cloud ... Cloud Sound ... Sound Clown ... Clown Around ... Monty Clown ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I don't know about cloud - after a friend of mine lost virtually (no pun intended) to the cloud, I decided to stay with Box. https://app.box.com/files
    Well, I cancelled Box because my slow connection made it unusable. I have had satellite service for a while, and am interested in Box again. However, I can not find a way to get information about it. All I can find is how to register. I want to know about it before I register. Can you give me a clue?

Richard

Thanks Deuuuuuudes! I think I might have meant, "SoundClick" >>>??? How - ev - va, Box looks interest-ink. Anything you can tell me about it before I dive "open the box"?

Thanks .... again Deeeuuuuuuuuudes!

Life is just not worth living with out my music. Or, Beethoven.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Thanks Deuuuuuudes! I think I might have meant, "SoundClick" >>>??? How - ev - va, Box looks interest-ink. Anything you can tell me about it before I dive "open the box"?

Thanks .... again Deeeuuuuuuuuudes!

Life is just not worth living with out my music. Or, Beethoven.

It worked well for me for years. Then I closed it because my connection was so bad. I am now attempting to establish a new account which is a problem because of a glitch involving my email address. I could alleviate the problem by using a different email address, which is last resort. You get plenty of free space, but I think you are not allowed to sell from it.

Richard

I use my box account as a point of reference for clients. In other words, I advertise through various sites and give the "share" address on box to listen to a specific piece of music. Much as we do on this site. It is nice that I can control what a client sees. They can be limited to one specific selection, or they can be allowed to see all compositions, or perhaps just a specific genre. Best of all, of course, is that it's free. Fortunately my access speed here is plenty fast enough that I can upload and download full wav files with no problem. However, because many people still have limited access, I usually send just mp3 files to Box.

I use both soundcloud and soundclick. Neither have given me any trouble. There is no fee involved with either however you can upgrade them to premium and get more storage and or exposure to the music world by buying premium accounts.

I use box but very sparingly and mainly for huge files that I need to send to someone.

I hope this helps a little, Styxx.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, once again my attempts to use Box were in the general category of fiasco. I had hoped my newer system might solve some problems, but such was not the case. It does not work well for me, never has been really good. For me it is a magnificent waste of time, and considering my age, I don't have much left to waste.

Richard

Thanks guys! Good advice. Hadn't had much time discovering which would be best due to EMS calls and just life in general. Going to take a look at all your suggestions today and will let you know which I decide on. Once again, you guys have been a big pain in my .... no, wait ... wrong forum, HA! You guys have been an awesome help! Talk to you soon.

Styxx

Keep writing music .... 'cause I haven't heard any from you in a while!
    Styxx

I use SoundCloud as an easily accessible public portfolio which showcases some of my better work. For incomplete pieces, or ones I simply do not wish to share with the general public, I use dropbox so I can share the files individually with whomever I choose.

Overall, I prefer soundcloud if I have a good piece that I want to share with everyone, as it also allows for others to discover you and your music. Not to mention, I like that I can see how many plays any given track gets. If I want to keep it more private, I just use dropbox.

I hope this helps.
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Go Back to forum