• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Plugin 1.1 released

Share/Bookmark

GPO Plugin 1.1 released

For those who use Sonar or Cubase/Nuendo with the MFX wrapper.

Features:

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mapping of velocity to controller
    - suggested usage:
    </font><ul type=\"square\"></font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">convert existing MIDI files to be used with GPO by mapping velocity to CC#1</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mapping of pitch bend to controller with the option of removing the pitch bend events
    - suggested usage:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use pitch bend wheel instead of modwheel to drive CC#1</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use pitch bend wheel to drive other controllers (reverb, VAR1, VAR2)</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mapping of any keyboard keys to arbitrary controller values
    - suggested usage:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use a set of keys to generate CC#1 events for volume when not having a modwheel</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use a set a keys to generate VAR1, VAR2 events</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">map a key to generate sustain events when not having a sustain pedal</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mapping of input controller to output controller values with the option of removing the input controller events
    - suggested usage:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use a breath controller to generate CC#1 events for volume</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use a modwheel on a second pass recording to generate VAR1, VAR2 or reverb events.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Display of input events (including the generated ones)
    - suggested usage:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use it to check what kind of events different knobs on your keyboard send</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">use it to check if the mapping in the plugin generates the expected events.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Don\'t forget to put EchoDxiInputToAllMidiTracks=1 in the [Options] section in Ttsseq.ini file in the Sonar directory

All this in one plugin and you can download it from: http://hdan.com

I would like to thank Gary for his generosity [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and to everyone for their support and suggestions.

Regards,

Re: GPO Plugin 1.1 released

Cool -- between you and Markleford we have all the neat toys we want!

Thanks so much for your generosity in time and effort.

Thanks Mike [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Updated the plugin to version 1.1.1
    Apparently VAR1 and VAR2 controllers (CC#22 and CC#24) were unused controllers according to the MIDI standard list and I haven’t had included them before.
    It’s fixed now.

Thanks Dan ,

This will be of great benefit for those using Sonar/Cubase/Nuendo with MFX. Many people need these tools to help with their music.

I see that you just posted an even newer version 1.1 which adds VAR1 and VAR2 to the controller list. http://hdan.com

For those downloading this plug-in, you can rate it at Dan\'s site. And please make sure you thank him.

A special thank you from me for sharing this with everyone.

Gary Garritan

Hello,

For cubase, l want to know if there is a parameter to fix (as sonar users have to do with : EchoDxiInputToAllMidiTracks=1) ?

l ask you this question, because, l have install the GPOPlugin.dll with the shell programm (from TenCrazy), by making a right click and register.
    The GPOPlugin.dll appear in the plugin information window.

But here is the Pb.
    l can select the midi plugin for a midi track. l am recording.And l am saving the project.
    But when l want to reload the project, l have a cubase error in the cubase.log. And cubase doesn\'t want to load the project.
    it is writed \"Acess Violation\" in cubase.log for GPOPlugin.dll .

A new line appear in device panel, with the input midi, l have the new line : Midi plugin port..

l have make another post here to. l have the same pb when l try to use : TcMfxPwMap.dll

Post on TcMfxPwMap.dll

Thanks a lot.

That parameter is only for Sonar.
    I’ll check it with Cubase and if it crashes I’ll debug it and let you know what workaround to use.

For the moment you could remove the plugin from the track after you record and apply it, it has effect only on recording. To load the existent song (you probably want that) just temporarily uninstall the plugin (regsvr32 /u GPOPlugin.dll) and move it from Cubase directory, load your song and remove the plugin from the tracks. Then you can add the plugin back and start working as I said above (record, apply and remove from the track).

I hope this helps,

Thanks Dan

l am going to try.

l have another Question : l already have MFX Wrapper Dll in Components folder of cubase \"registred\".
    In the information Plug in, l have seen that GPO plug in midi DLL is \"represented\" by mfxwrapper.dll.
    Perhaps, l have got Two DLL Mfxwrapper ?

l am going to registred only the GPO plug in midi DLL.

What do you think about that ?

Sorry for taking so long to post. Just upgraded from Sonar 1 to Sonar Producer (Got Sonar envy from this forum!). Hate to admit it but I didn\'t know this plugin worked with Sonar 1!

I love this plugin and look forward to experimenting with all the possibilities. I just tried converting my Breath Controller through my Yamaha EX5 with the Oboe and it was great! Just stopped playing long enough to post a thank you. I like how in Sonar I can watch the midi notes and controller data in real time.

Thank you Dan,
    John

Go Back to forum