Topic: Some help please...

Share/Bookmark

Re: Some help please...

Alan,

Check your e-mail.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks so, so, so much for your work on this - only the .zip file you sent has a password protection on it and I can\'t open it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] If you could resend with the password protection removed, it would be greatly appretiated...

Some help please...

I need some help taking this vocal line of mine and turning it into a MIDI file... I can usually figure these things out on my Casio, but this one is giving me a bit of trouble.

It was recorded on my four-track at 2 a.m. this morning when inspiration hit, I\'ve been up since then playing with this and a few other pieces...

Any help would *really* be appretiated, PM me if you are interested as this is a paying gig... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alan,
    Go to www.musiccontest.org. There you should find a link to a program that converts vocal into midi notation. I believe it\'s Master Works. I\'ve never had a reason to use it and never look into it in depth. It may be something that can help. If not, at least it was a shot.
    I wish the heck I could set this PC up to hear mp3\'s!

OK, I managed to hear about 4 words. Now, if you are looking for a program that you can sing into using your audio and having it convert to midi notation, this is suposed to do just that!
    Go to link \"Music MasterWorks MIDI composing software\". There you should find \"Aspire\" and a discription of the software. Hey if this works for you, others may be interested as well!
    Let us know how you made out.

Thanks Styxx, but I would like a human to give it a shot. I have finale, but software doesn\'t do the trick, because the singing is... well just not good and not on key, but hey he did it acapella with no musical training.

No problem.

Isn\'t a plug in cubasis that can do this..?
    Im not at home now, so i cant help you with the midi right now. But if my poor memory reminds me when i get home, ill give it a try.

Alan,
    I just listened to the mp3 file. I believe I can \"hear\" this and play it (sounds like E Minor, 4/4 beat)... but I have to go to work right now and will be back in about 4 hours. If you still need help by then, I\'ll be happy to give it a try.

Regards,
    Dennis

Go Back to forum